Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knowledgeable on ceramic tint know if i should be concerned with using Global Ceramic Tint? Had Pinnacle on our last Honda but installer didnt have 50% level. Only dealer near that has 50% sells Global Tint.

Im sold on the ceramic tint as it blocks more heat, I just want to be sure it is comparable to Pinnacle and its hard to find solid information on the internet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
If Llumar Pinnacle is what you are sold on, ask the dealer/installer if they will order the amount the CRV requires. Expect to pay in advance for exactly what you want.

·
Registered
177 Posts
50% is a waste of money, imo. I made that mistake before. If you're only looking for heat rejection with very slight tint, look into Air80 also by Llumar.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
The Pinnacle 50 and AIR 80 appear to have almost the same IR numbers. The Stratos 50 has better IR numbers than both Pinnacle and AIR. That would be worth considering, to me. The % VLT has little to do with IR numbers when looking at the Llumar specs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone knowledgeable on ceramic tint know if i should be concerned with using Global Ceramic Tint? Had Pinnacle on our last Honda but installer didnt have 50% level. Only dealer near that has 50% sells Global Tint.

Im sold on the ceramic tint as it blocks more heat, I just want to be sure it is comparable to Pinnacle and its hard to find solid information on the internet.

Thanks!
I have Pinnacle 35% on front two and 50% on all rear windows on top of factory privacy glass. I would recommend Pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Stratos may be too pricey........but worth a look see.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Pinnacle 35% on front two and 50% on all rear windows on top of factory privacy glass. I would recommend Pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Yup this is exactly what im after. The 50% is just for heat rejection as it has factory privacy glass (dont want it too dark for night driving). I found a good tint forum that said Global is comparable so I'll just roll with that.

I did look at the Stratos but yeah, its crazy high for not a significant reduction in heat transfer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Yup this is exactly what im after. The 50% is just for heat rejection as it has factory privacy glass (dont want it too dark for night driving). I found a good tint forum that said Global is comparable so I'll just roll with that.

I did look at the Stratos but yeah, its crazy high for not a significant reduction in heat transfer.

Thanks!

I presume when you say 50% you are referring to 50% VLT. VLT has nothing to do with IR heat rejection. You can get limo dark film with virtually no IR heat rejection. You can get clear (almost) film with excellent IR heat rejection. Go to the Llumar website and study the Spec/Performance charts. Llumar, and other film companies, make cheap dyed films and top-of-the-line ceramic films and a number of film grades in between. Pinnacle is no longer Llumar's (FormulaOne) top-of-the-line film.....Stratos is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I presume when you say 50% you are referring to 50% VLT. VLT has nothing to do with IR heat rejection. You can get limo dark film with virtually no IR heat rejection. You can get clear (almost) film with excellent IR heat rejection. Go to the Llumar website and study the Spec/Performance charts. Llumar, and other film companies, make cheap dyed films and top-of-the-line ceramic films and a number of film grades in between. Pinnacle is no longer Llumar's (FormulaOne) top-of-the-line film.....Stratos is.
Yup, thats the same way i understand it as well. I have been looking only at ceramic tint though as the catch all for heat rejection. When i pulled all the stats Pinnacle was a few points better on heat rejection (nothing major). Stratos is just way to high for my budget. Looking at $340 cash to do an Odyssey van (our CRV was $300).

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Yup, thats the same way i understand it as well. I have been looking only at ceramic tint though as the catch all for heat rejection. When i pulled all the stats Pinnacle was a few points better on heat rejection (nothing major). Stratos is just way to high for my budget. Looking at $340 cash to do an Odyssey van (our CRV was $300).

Gotcha. Lots of folks are confused/don't understand that the darker the shade (VLT) doesn't mean better heat rejection (IR). Looks like you have done your homework and understand the difference in VLT and IR.:thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. Lots of folks are confused/don't understand that the darker the shade (VLT) doesn't mean better heat rejection (IR). Looks like you have done your homework and understand the difference in VLT and IR.:thumb:
I just went back and pulled the Data Sheets just to make sure i was 100% confident in my decision lol.

50% VLT

Global Ceramic= 51% TSER
Pinnacle= 50% TSER
Stratos= 54% TSER

35% VLT

Global Ceramic= 56% TSER
Pinnacle= 55% TSER
Stratos= 59% TSER

Appears Global and Pinnacle line up fairly well. If the stratus wasnt so god awful expensive I might take the bait but its well over an additional $100 premium.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
we added to all windows the Pinnacle ceramic window tint. we have 15 on f/sides and cargo, 30 on b/sides as Honda already had privacy glass. Folks, I've had tinting on all my cars, but this stuff is amazing.... the heat reduction is great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts