Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV Touring Modern Steel Metallic - Black Interior
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for bringing this up. I know this was discussed on a previous thread, but it didn't look like it was solved. I have the 2020 Touring (US) and do see the cutout for the light assembly. I have tried part # 34254-T2A-A01 and the mounting bracket on the module do not line up with the holes on the Glove box. Too wide. Does anyone know if the Glove Box (77500-TLA-AO) is a cross part to another Honda Model or an Acura Model? Curious if this exist and maybe that car has the light assembly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I do not know the answer to your question about what part is the correct one. However, I have a couple of "Saturday mechanic" suggestions ... even though the A01 bracket holes do not line up, can you simple drill new holes in that bracket to lineup with the glove box mounting holes? Everything is plastic after all and if the light-weight bracket fits the glove box opening the screws ought to hold it in place once tightened. Here is a post I did when I jerry-rigged a simple mounting bracket made out of wood to add a light to my '18 CRV glove box. See post #3. I took this approach because like you, I simply could not find the correct Honda light assembly bracket for my CRV. So I made a homemade one. Super easy. In my case I bought the LED light from an online seller (superbrightleds.com) and spiced the electrical wire into the ambient light wiring harness to power the glove box light. Wife loves it when she opens the glove box when it is dark in the car! All she sees is the lighted box. My ugly wood light bracket is outta sight. :giggle:

glove box light

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply 3. I was trying to keep it simple and go with plug/play, but it seems custom is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,531 Posts
What the hell?

Dont US CR-Vs come with a glove box light????

·
Super Moderator
1,531 Posts
I'll take a pic shortly - and see if there is a part number that I can locate.

But bear in mind, the part number, if I can find one, may not automatically be aligned with US cars since there is often a variation.

·
Super Moderator
1,531 Posts
Here you go.

Sadly, no part number printed on it - must be behind the unit where its clipped/screwed in from the rear. Apologies for the pic quality, my phone cam isnt the best....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, looking up the diagram in the UK market, # 29 is the light assembly and the part # is 34254-SWA-003. Lets see If I can find one.

34254SWA003

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
269 Posts
Well interestingly enough it is available in the US through sites like Honda Parts Now and Bernardi. I wonder if there is a power cable back there?

Bernardi - Glove Box Light Assy

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,687 Posts
What the hell?

Dont US CR-Vs come with a glove box light????
Nope.. and frankly I don't miss it, and it is an easy drain on the battery if the box light switch fails or the glove box is somehow not properly closed.

1) cabin lighting is sufficient in most cases for digging around in the glove box.

2) I have for decades kept a working flashlight and a spare set of batteries in my glove box.. and if I need bright light in the glove box in the dark.... the flashlight is right there if I need it. So I guess I weaned off glove box lights a long time ago. :)

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
269 Posts
Happy to stand corrected, but those schematics are not the 5G.
2007-11....3G.
Yeh, but it is the same part# your 2019 UK diagram had. I'm guessing it was on the 3G US models but dropped after that. The point is the part is still available.

·
Super Moderator
1,531 Posts
But will the part fit?

I'm not sure that part numbers for UK cars match those in the USA. Happy to be wrong, but from my own experience when I ordered stuff for my 4th Gen CR-Vs and 2019 Civic from the USA, the parts were in compatible.

Might be the same for the 5th Gen I suspect.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,225 Posts
Not to cause trouble.

But, doesn't everyone have a 'flashlight' in their smartphone these days? LOL o_O :giggle:

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
269 Posts
But, doesn't everyone have a 'flashlight' in their smartphone these days? LOL o_O :giggle:
Yes, but it doesn't come on when you open the glove compartment. Is it necessary? No, but a lot of the extras in these vehicles are WANTS and not needs.

Reactions: JoeKickass
1 - 17 of 17 Posts