Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching.

2017 EXL

There is a noise/rattle coming from the glove box. Tried it full and empty. Stops when glove box is opened. Mostly at high speeds. Can't tell if it's the latch or not.

Anyone else hear of this (pun intended)?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,093 Posts
Don't have a rattle but based in the construction of the glove box I can take a good guess of the source. On the two sides of the glove box are two locking pins that engage into the dash to keep the glove box closed. Where they engage is a point where two hard plastic surfaces can rattle. Use your fist to bump the glove box to see if this where the rattle is occuring. If it is you can fully lower the glove box and place a small piece of adhesive backed velcro (soft side) in the slot where the locking pin rests against the slot.
To fully lower the glove box you can view this on ytube, it's the same procedure for replacing the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried searching.

2017 EXL

There is a noise/rattle coming from the glove box. Tried it full and empty. Stops when glove box is opened. Mostly at high speeds. Can't tell if it's the latch or not.

Anyone else hear of this (pun intended)?

Have you solved the rattle because my crv has it too

I have posted a rattling noise somewhere in front area and its annoying. I tried to take out the glove box but its not coming from there, takeout trims and go underneath and cant find that thing. Its like a wire or cable or thats dangling creating a noise.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/#/topics/163553?page=1

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Jimmy, I have the same problem with my 2018 CRV. Did you ever fix your issue?
Did you recently replace your cabin air filter? It's accessed by releasing glove box latches.

Anyway, make sure ALL the glove box latches are properly secure. And the air filter access panel too.

Or maybe all you need is a piece of soft velcro (see Traylaw's post #4 above).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had same, multiple times - super annoying. Mine turned out to be the three self-tapping screws that hold the glovebox up in the front. Before I figured out where they were coming from, ALL THREE fell out, one at a time, and each one lodged themselves behind the glovebox container, rattling over every bump over about 35mph. At this point I have not yet put them back in, which hasn't seemed to cause any problem. See page 2 of this pdf for the location of the 3 screws to which I'm referring - https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2017_CRV_AmbientLights_AII04527-01.pdf. Good luck! Hopefully this is your issue and you can drive rattle-free from here on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.