Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening everyone,

Have a wonderful weekend!!!! I am new to this group. I need a small suggestions about doing a car waxing or buffing. I own Honda CR-v 2017 molten lava color. I have few normal scratches on my car so looking to overcome them, please suggest the best way to overcome those marks and few hard scratches when someone opened the door hard and hit my car.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Howdy, from Texas. Frequent washing with water and car wash soap......plenty of soapy water and a soft washing mit will keep swirl marks in the paint to a minimum. Frequent use of automotive wax/polish will fill in the minor swirls. You may need to pick up a bottle of molten lava touch-up paint from the dealership for the scratches that have broken thru the clearcoat/paint.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,814 Posts
Many detailers (and Consumer Reports too) advocate using a microfiber mitt rather than a sponge.

Theory is that the long fibers hold dirt AWAY from the paint better than a sponge. Whatever you use, never apply more than a light hand pressure.

Use a mesh covered sponge to remove bug remains and a clay bar to remove grit after washing.

I’m sure you can find more opinions on an auto detailing forum.

Reactions: crv383

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
.......another $0.02 worth (my opinion).....it is not so much what brand of this, that and the other you apply to protect the paint finish (shine), but rather how often you apply whatever brand of this, that and the other to protect the paint finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts