Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posed this question to the Element Owners Club and now I will pose it the CRV Club. My Wife And I Are Trying To Figure Out If We Should Buy An Element or a CRV. Our First Child Is Due In September!!! :d So We Have A Lot Of Planning To Do.

How is the CRV with babies and baby stuff, like strollers, car seats, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can only speak for the CR-V & our grandson (2 yrs old)
Car seat access is good & plenty of room in the back for stroller/bag & day bed.
not sure on the element but with either, you can't go wrong! .....welcome to the group!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Am not a parent, but would imagine the CR-V to be better for toting young 'uns (at least in their early years). As the Element's rear seats are positioned aft of the doorframe, inserting / removing baby would require much more bend-and-reach than would the V. For the same reason, baby would also be more difficult to tend from up front.

Though the Element has more total cargo space, the V has more flat space behind the rear seats. The 2nd-gen adds a quite low cargo floor, so strollers, totes, etc. should stow easily without having to reconfigure anything.

The V's flip-up tray table would no doubt be handy (I use it constantly). When it's flipped down, there's enough clearance between the fronts seat to actually walk to the rear, not unlike a minivan.

Best reason to put baby in a V? He or she sits next to a window (instead of a C-pillar) and can watch the world go by.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my niece often and the car seat fits in the back (any position) fine and is easy to get her in and out of. Space in the rear is never a problem, so I don't think you will have any issues there. Since she is now 1 1/2, she enjoys that she is high enough to see out the windows wherever she is in the back.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like both cars a lot. The deciding factor for me was the fact that the V gets a little better gas milage. I like that I can easily pass snacks and books to the back to my son. It might be more of a strech in the Element.

·
Registered
6 Posts
congrats on the new addition to your family!

My daughter is now 9 months old and I like the fact that she has a better view out the side and rear windows and soon out the front. the rear compartment is a perfect size for our stroller with room to spare. the only thing you might not like is the direction the rear door opens (it does not open curbside if you're parked on the right side of the street. definitely check out that aspect, it all depends on where you park.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Room is fine for 1 baby; we have a 05 LX and love it. One thing I would caution; if #2 is in the cards and within 3 years of #1, I would go bigger. I just had to unload my Forester for a Toyo Sienna b/c the CRV, while it would fit 2 car seats, would been a bit cramped for 2 kids plus all their requisite belongings.

JMHO

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not a parent. But I have to go with the element. So much more interior room.

Not only for storage space for the babies stuff. But also for you to crawl around in and reach stuff while driving or putting the baby in it's safety chair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
suicide doors will s*ck with infant seats

I had a major issue with my Tundra access cab, and infant seats, when my kids were younger... it's a real pain, in parking spaces, to get an infant carrier in and out due to the suicide doors. You get 'trapped' between the front and rear doors, and the car next to you. It was the sole reason I went with a CR-V, instead of an Element.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First of all, congratulation on your baby!

We have a 3rd gen V. My baby is almost 2 months old :D and we have been driving a lot with her. The stroller fits perfectly fine in the cargo area with a small space left to one of the sides, then you can use the tray or second story cargo self to put baby's small things, like the diaper bag, toys, etc.

I don't know if its common, but one of the things that i liked about the V is that the back doors open at almost 90 degrees, which means that you dont need to turn and twist the carseat when loading/unloading, you just go straight in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought my 2007 CR-V was because we were expecting our first child. It just felt safer being higher off the ground compared to my 97 Civic and capable of carrying more stuff around with us. The leather interior option helped as well as it can keep spills in check compared to cloth. The V has the LATCH system, so anchoring my baby seat securely in the back was a cinch. There is plenty of cargo space in the back for all the stuff we need to take along with our child on outings. With the cargo shelf in place, you can separate the stroller and other cargo in the back to keep things less cluttered.
The V also comes with the "conversation mirror" attached to the sunglass holder, which you can use to keep an eye on the baby while you're driving.
And with all the safety features it comes with, I think it's a great "baby-friendly" car!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I posed this question to the Element Owners Club and now I will pose it the CRV Club. My Wife And I Are Trying To Figure Out If We Should Buy An Element or a CRV. Our First Child Is Due In September!!! :d So We Have A Lot Of Planning To Do.

How is the CRV with babies and baby stuff, like strollers, car seats, etc.?

Thanks!
Having had both vehicles, I can say that the biggest issue I had with the Element was the fact you had to open the front doors to get the back ones open. That might be a pain with kids & kid accessories. I get better MPG out of the V than the Element ever gave me. The V is more quiet. The V seat 5 instead of my Element's 4. The Element might have more cargo area - not sure on that one. Can you still get the Element with water & stain resistent seats?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts