Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on what type of grease I should use for the doors? A mechanic at the dealer said they use white lithium grease.

I was looking at the Shin Etsu grease on H and A, and I understand a little goes a long way, but it seems expensive for such a small tube.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on what type of grease I should use for the doors? A mechanic at the dealer said they use white lithium grease.

I was looking at the Shin Etsu grease on H and A, and I understand a little goes a long way, but it seems expensive for such a small tube.
If you are talking about the door locks and hinges stick with good old white lithium grease.The Shin Etsu is meant for lubing door seals.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are talking about the door locks and hinges stick with good old white lithium grease.The Shin Etsu is meant for lubing door seals.
Good thing I asked. :p

Yeah, I was talking about the hinges but it's good to know what the Shin Etsu is for.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have used white lithium grease for years on all my vehicles' hinges. Lasts a long time between re-greasing and doesn't melt off in hot weather.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Counting back to auto shop in high school i have been using white lithium grease on locks and hinges for over 25 years. Just one of those things that works and doesn't need to be improved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts