Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't find a good write up for. The tranny filter change. I just did a drain and fill and in another week or so I wanted to do it again, this time with the filter to maximize my fluid change( I have a full case and the service interval is 120k so maybe I'll drain and fill after the filter is on there too one last time).
While draining today I was looking and I see the filter by the bottom of the radiator but it seemed like there were a kajillion of those annoying popoff clips holding the plastic shielding on. Is there a write up on which ones need to come off? I should probably order more of those things too since I'm guaranteed to break many. I wish they were just bolts like my 4runner.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
........and your year model is?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I searched but didn't find a good write up for. The tranny filter change. I just did a drain and fill and in another week or so I wanted to do it again, this time with the filter to maximize my fluid change( I have a full case and the service interval is 120k so maybe I'll drain and fill after the filter is on there too one last time).
While draining today I was looking and I see the filter by the bottom of the radiator but it seemed like there were a kajillion of those annoying popoff clips holding the plastic shielding on. Is there a write up on which ones need to come off? I should probably order more of those things too since I'm guaranteed to break many. I wish they were just bolts like my 4runner.
Here's two threads with some info. The second thread is for a 2006 which is also a 2nd Gen. The OP details his procedure for the change with some photos.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry 03 EX. I keep forgetting that on this forum the sections aren't by generation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was reading that one last night. I'm gonna put up some pics when I do this. I bought the Honda one but I didn't realize it didn't have a magnet. I run a Magnefine on my 4runner, didn't even think about that one.

·
2,206 Posts
Sorry 03 EX. I keep forgetting that on this forum the sections aren't by generation.
Actually they are. You just happened to post in one of the general sections.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that for features and specs and stuff but I didn't think any included maintenance issues. Now I will post in there

·
2,206 Posts
The current section organization order we have is left over from the format of the old platform. A few months ago we switched to this new platform, and they are working on some changes to improve this. They haven't come yet, but it is being worked on, so hopefully you'll see improvements in that area soon. You can find progress reports on all that by clicking on the Help link at the bottom of this page, then clicking on Release Notes. Then go to the Community Help section, and click on the thread "We are now live," for current discussion on updates and upgrades.

Meanwhile, the new search feature has been upgraded, so if you do some keyword searching, you should be able to find more threads like this one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that filter is only to catch debris that occurs when the trans completely fais. It should be replaced when you replace your trans otherwise it's a waste of time and won't gain you anything. The internal filter only gets changed with a rebuild. Do the double drain and refill and call it a day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the Honda one but after realizing there's no magnet ordered a Magnefine also. So I have two more drain/fills planned. I'll swap on the Honda one for the 2nd drain then the Magnefine for the long haul with the third one. It's probably overkill but whenever I get a used car I do everything myself from day 1 so I know what's in there and things were done right. And tranny fluid was BLACK when I drained it. yuck. It had a shudder going into first gear and it's already quite a bit better. Could be the 1st Honda Dw1 treatment, could have been the "instant shudder fix" addition I threw in there, who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts