Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea I bought a nice dash bracket and mounted my smartphone just above the car's screen, and voila. Waze :) See other thread for bracket/phone holder recommendation that fits the CRV well. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent seen it discussed here but hold down power/home/eject while in park this pops up a menu with 2 choices choose detail info and setting (the bottom one) then hold down menu for 5 seconds this brings up another menu..choose vehicle model info then the "DD VSP Error" on the bottom right set this to off and all your hdmi attached electronics will now be mirrored on your display. no way to save this as of yet so when you turn the car on again you have to repeat process but it takes about 10 seconds and is well worth it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put a video on youtube showing how to do it and see it in action not sure about links here so just go to youtube then >> /watch?v=G1knHI_PUZM

·
Registered
381 Posts
Waze updates all that (as well as map changes and construction) live and instantly. A lot of those things are contributed by drivers, too. You hit the right button and a menu pops up so you can report construction, traffic, accident, police, road kill or debris in road, map errors, etc. You can also do it with your voice, if you have the feature turned on. Anything you contribute is instantly shared with all other drivers on the same route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes rhody401, I wanted to know if it worked when you used it on the touchscreen too. I assume it does, but thought I'd check and see.
Thanks for your reply. Waze is currently my favorite nav. app. I guess I'll be buying the cables to hook up my iPhone to the HDMI port.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The car's touchscreen? No. The head unit doesn't integrate well with smartphones, and Waze isnt one of the apps approved by Mirrorlink. The nav app that they do approve is about $100 and terrible, IMO. HDMI cable (required for iphone only, android does it via usb) won't be very satisfying, IMO, because it turns off as soon as the gar goes into gear. It works only when you are stopped.

There is technically a hack that can be done in the head unit's diagnostics menu, each time you start the car, but is it worth the effort? I don't personally think it is. :)

The screen on your phone is also much higher resolution from the one in your car.

My solution was to get a nice bracket and mount the phone between the other 2 screens.

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mike, an earlier post by george1974 in this thread shows how to get waze and other apps to work when the car is moving. I was curious if you could update as you drive using the touchscreen. I have my iPhone currently attached via mount to the windshield. Just seems that 7 inches would be easier to see and update while driving.
Tom

·
Registered
71 Posts
havent seen it discussed here but hold down power/home/eject while in park this pops up a menu with 2 choices choose detail info and setting (the bottom one) then hold down menu for 5 seconds this brings up another menu..choose vehicle model info then the "DD VSP Error" on the bottom right set this to off and all your hdmi attached electronics will now be mirrored on your display. no way to save this as of yet so when you turn the car on again you have to repeat process but it takes about 10 seconds and is well worth it
George or anyone

Does this also work on 2014 EX-L w/o Nav?

Taking delivery later this week, hence no ability to test.

Dave O

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I use Waze, Garmin, and Honda's NAV system, sometimes running all three at once just to amuse myself while they argue amongst themselves. I drive 50k miles a year and it's cheap entertainment. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
We use Waze here in Minneapolis and it is our go-to live traffic app! Also really useful on road-trips to get a jump on any speed traps!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,745 Posts
Occasionally WAZE has celebrity voices available in the Settings (in the phone only IIRC).

This month it's Colonel Saunders, LOL. A couple months ago it was Morgan Freeman...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was using waze saturday, been a while since I have used it since the Ridgeline I just traded in had navi...but you can do voice commands now with it...may be good enough if you get the mirroring going to just do that

1 - 20 of 30 Posts