Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The damage looked like nothing. But I've got a $12,000 CND quote to fix it all. Here's the breakdown if anyone's interested in what certain parts may cost.

Screenshot_20190212-135033_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190212-135013_Drive.jpg

Edit: here is the story of what happened:
A young girl slid through a red light and I ended up slamming into her driver side rear door. No one was hurt.

Turns out she has no insurance so I'll have to pay my deductible. But oh well.

Here's some pics of my car and her car.

20190123_071553.jpg

20190123_104654.jpg

20190123_104659.jpg

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,781 Posts
How about pictures of the car?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
How about the story of watt happ'dd

but forst of all Happy you are not hurt and safe, and here to tell. the rest will work out.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What was the total amount to repair it? Good you were not hurt? Was the rear alignment damage?

The damage looked like nothing. But I've got a $12,000 CND quote to fix it all. Here's the breakdown if anyone's interested in what certain parts may cost.

View attachment 128295

View attachment 128297

Edit: here is the story of what happened:
A young girl slid through a red light and I ended up slamming into her driver side rear door. No one was hurt.

Turns out she has no insurance so I'll have to pay my deductible. But oh well.

Here's some pics of my car and her car.

View attachment 128299

View attachment 128301

View attachment 128303

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not totally sure what's all wrong yet. The total is sitting at 12,000 right now. They are still working on it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I do not miss living in a snowy region. I remember watching a guy in an F-150 do a 360 spin in the middle of a 2 lane road with wide shoulders. Everyone was going slow so we all were able to move out of the way until the F-150 came to a stop. Luckily, my wife and I are both good drivers and always were careful in bad weather. We were fortunate not to be hit by another driver sliding through an intersection.

Lots of weather related crashes each year. I'm surprised our insurance didn't decrease significantly when we moved South. BTW, what does it cost to insure a CR-V in Canada anyway? Do you have the same independent insurance companies or is it government run like the healthcare system (LOL, I'm sure it's not).

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not miss living in a snowy region. I remember watching a guy in an F-150 do a 360 spin in the middle of a 2 lane road with wide shoulders. Everyone was going slow so we all were able to move out of the way until the F-150 came to a stop. Luckily, my wife and I are both good drivers and always were careful in bad weather. We were fortunate not to be hit by another driver sliding through an intersection.

Lots of weather related crashes each year. I'm surprised our insurance didn't decrease significantly when we moved South. BTW, what does it cost to insure a CR-V in Canada anyway? Do you have the same independent insurance companies or is it government run like the healthcare system (LOL, I'm sure it's not).
Well in Alberta it's not government ran. But I think BC and Sask are.

I pay about $1900 a year for full coverage on my CRV.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well in Alberta it's not government ran. But I think BC and Sask are.

I pay about $1900 a year for full coverage on my CRV.
Wow we are at $560 full coverage with a $500 deductible on our 2018 CRV Touring in WI for a year. That's actually $200 more than my 2015 Jeep GC. I guess living in Gods country comes at a cost. :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
I do not miss living in a snowy region. I remember watching a guy in an F-150 do a 360 spin in the middle of a 2 lane road with wide shoulders. Everyone was going slow so we all were able to move out of the way until the F-150 came to a stop. Luckily, my wife and I are both good drivers and always were careful in bad weather.
I Canada drivers are REQUIRED to have snow tires (and insurance...I wonder if the sedan with no insurance had proper tires?)

I guarantee the spinning F-150 did not have proper tires (and I suspect you did not either).

If you live in a snowy area snow tires are a must. Think of them as pot holders - sometimes you do not need them until you get burned and learn a valuable lesson...

Happy no-one was hurt, hope you can collect via your court system the deductible from the at fault driver.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Canada drivers are REQUIRED to have snow tires (and insurance...I wonder if the sedan with no insurance had proper tires?)

I guarantee the spinning F-150 did not have proper tires (and I suspect you did not either).

If you live in a snowy area snow tires are a must. Think of them as pot holders - sometimes you do not need them until you get burned and learn a valuable lesson...

Happy no-one was hurt, hope you can collect via your court system the deductible from the at fault driver.
All of Canada is not required to have snow tires. BC does. But Alberta most definetly does not.

And yeah still working things out. Basically I'm just out my deductible so far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow we are at $560 full coverage with a $500 deductible on our 2018 CRV Touring in WI for a year. That's actually $200 more than my 2015 Jeep GC. I guess living in Gods country comes at a cost. :)
That would be amazing to pay that little. But I've already known cost of living in America would be way less.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You mentioned the person had no insurance. They are in a heap of trouble. In the US in most of not all states you must have uninsured/underinsured coverage. Maybe that covers the deductable? if your province has small claims court you could sue for the deductable.

When I see that people have "full covrage" that just means you have Collision, comprehensive and collision. People have to make sure they have more the the minimum limitations. Policys limit what they pay out. Make sure you have adequate property, and liability levels. I would also recommend a 1 million umbrella policy. 100/300/25 polices won't cut it if you get sued.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Glad nobody was hurt. Gotta wonder if each were doing say 5mph less on snow/ice if it could have been avoided.:Dunno:

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
You mentioned the person had no insurance. They are in a heap of trouble. In the US in most of not all states you must have uninsured/underinsured coverage. Maybe that covers the deductable? if your province has small claims court you could sue for the deductable.

When I see that people have "full covrage" that just means you have Collision, comprehensive and collision. People have to make sure they have more the the minimum limitations. Policys limit what they pay out. Make sure you have adequate property, and liability levels. I would also recommend a 1 million umbrella policy. 100/300/25 polices won't cut it if you get sued.
I can see your insurance company going after her for $$$$$. $2000 is one thing, but over $12000, they won't sit down for it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can see your insurance company going after her for $$$$$. $2000 is one thing, but over $12000, they won't sit down for it.
Oh yes my insurance company is going after her. They will try and get my deductible back too but unlikely. I could sue her for the deductible as well as diminished value but not sure I want to risk hiring a lawyer and not winning anything.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
$12k to fix that? Wow!
$1900 a year for full coverage on a CRV? Double WOW!

So glad to live where I do....much more affordable to live here in Kentucky.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I can't read that tiny microscopic print, but twelve grand sounds ridiculous, unless the frame is bent. Looks more like twelve hundred. I hope you got more estimates. Also, never let a dealership do the work. Ever.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.