Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2021 EX in Obsidian Blue yesterday. This is my 6th CRV. On the trip home which was mostly highway at 55mph I got a trip total of 38mpg. Not bad.

Spent some time in the garage programming the radio and was pleased to find the alternate "skin" for the system. Something new to look at vs the same display I had on my 2018.

Little cubby in back, what's with the plastic piece that blocks the whole bin. That was fixed real quick with a pair of tin snips.

So far a real nice car.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
Picked up my 2021 EX in Obsidian Blue yesterday. This is my 6th CRV. On the trip home which was mostly highway at 55mph I got a trip total of 38mpg. Not bad.

Spent some time in the garage programming the radio and was pleased to find the alternate "skin" for the system. Something new to look at vs the same display I had on my 2018.

Little cubby in back, what's with the plastic piece that blocks the whole bin. That was fixed real quick with a pair of tin snips.

So far a real nice car.
Congrats.
I well remember sitting in the car in the garage for an hour trying to get everything set up.
As for the "cubby", do you mean the plastic thing that does over the flat-repair unit? I was never sure why that was there either.
Enjoy that car, I'm certainly enjoying mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats.
I well remember sitting in the car in the garage for an hour trying to get everything set up.
As for the "cubby", do you mean the plastic thing that does over the flat-repair unit? I was never sure why that was there either.
Enjoy that car, I'm certainly enjoying mine.
yeah, I can see that was there to prevent the kit from bouncing, but for people who want to use the space it should have just been a removable insert.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!

Pics?! 😜

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the new radio interface. Also the additional tweeter speakers in the rear seats are a nice add. Sirius sounds much better than the last time I tried it 3 years ago. Less swishy, maybe it’s them or maybe it’s the newer tuner. I use Apple Music so Sirius goes when the trial ends. I have only had the car out twice but I do notice that the steering seems more responsive than in my 2018 EX. Maybe just because it’s new. LAKS is definitely more aggressive. LED headlights so bright, now I’m one of those annoying on coming drivers.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I really like the new radio interface. Also the additional tweeter speakers in the rear seats are a nice add. Sirius sounds much better than the last time I tried it 3 years ago. Less swishy, maybe it’s them or maybe it’s the newer tuner. I use Apple Music so Sirius goes when the trial ends. I have only had the car out twice but I do notice that the steering seems more responsive than in my 2018 EX. Maybe just because it’s new. LAKS is definitely more aggressive. LED headlights so bright, now I’m one of those annoying on coming drivers.
I also figured I'd give up Sirius when the free trial ended, since I have YT music, Spotify etc.
But it's hard to ask for a song you don't remember. Listening to the 60s channel on Sirius I hear things I would never have remembered and so could not ask for.
Since I got it down to $5/month I think I'll keep it.
Was your 2018 hydraulic steering? You may be seeing the difference between that and the electric.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No idea what the steering was. Only time I opened the hood in two years was to add washer fluid. I gave up working on engines years ago when you could no longer do anything without specialized software.

·
Registered
2021 CRV Hybrid Touring
21 Posts

So far a real nice car.
Congrats. I just got a 2021 touring. I had a 2017 prior to that, which also had the alternate skin.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have noticed one problem. The backup camera is blurry. Clearly not as sharp as the one on my ‘18. Lens is clean, just looks out of focus. guess I will have to take it in for check.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Might be worth hard-resetting the headunit too - it may not be not be picking up the camera feed properly. If that still doesnt fix, then dealer it is 👌

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I have noticed one problem. The backup camera is blurry. Clearly not as sharp as the one on my ‘18. Lens is clean, just looks out of focus. guess I will have to take it in for check.
Mine looks pretty good, and I used to fix TV cameras for a living (though they were the 200 pound type).
I have got in the habit of wiping the lens as I get in the car, I have a half mile of dirt road to get to the highway and the dust builds up.
But you said your lens is clean, so that's not your issue.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
Small world. TV engineer here.
Yep, small world I worked for WWOR mostly, and later CNN.
The cameras were RCA TK-41s, TK-46s, TK-47s and TK-76s. Ikegami HL-79s and HK-322s. We used the 46s at Shea, later replaced with 322s.
Ever work on Quad machines? I still have nightmares about the RCA TCR-100s and hear them in my sleep.
(sorry for the OT)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh a ny boy. Me too. Started in tv in 1982. We had quad cart machines at MTV to play the music videos and had TR-600’s. No more tape now. Its all servers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts