Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past two months, the GPS in my 2015 Honda CRV Touring would show "not on a digitized road" every now and then even though I was on a main highway or road. The Honda dealer service person said it is the problem of the satellite system, not the GPS itself and there is nothing they can do about it. Have anybody had similar problem with your GPS recently?

·
Registered
252 Posts
So according to the dealer I guess you email NASA?

Have you tried to enter a destination on any of those roads to see if they are in fact in the system map? Sounds more like those roads aren't in there. And a crappy dealer then tries to blame anything else rather than be honest and just tell you the system isn't as good as they'd like you to believe. Of all the oem nav systems I've seen, very few have been better than the $100 Garmin units I already own. It's amazing they have such a hard time getting that right. And on top of that they charge hundreds for map upgrades.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have two 2015 tourings and find the gps to be unintuitive and horrible in these cars. The free WAZE app dances on its grave. It's a real shame that waze cant be sent to the screen from my Android Galaxy S6 phone. None of the Honda apps seem to work properly, to connect with the vehicle. It seems like they only care about Apple products, which I believe are only 12% (?) of the market. What about the majority? Hopefully they address this and give us some functioning apps. I do love everything ELSE about the vehicle, however. The radio unit is my only disappointment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I once had the gps ('15 EX-L) system re-boot in the middle of my morning commute. It came back up with the 'arrow head' pointing and moving in sync with the vehicle. But the map displayed was the original neighborhood near my home, some 10 miles back where I started. It then showed the arrowhead traveling east thru the middle of a big lake near my home... saying I was not on a digitized road. I had to manually reset my route and destination to get the map updated to the area where I was actually traveling. Only happened once????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem, mine also, on occasion, when I request directions to a store or restaurant chain, I will get the first choice as being as much a 3000 kms away. My dealership has been very helpful. They have had it in twice and spoken to the techs in Ontario, Canada about it. It seems, they say, that there is a problem with the nav software. Locally, they checked all the 2015 CRV Tourings on the lot and found the same problem. This was about a week ago and they are still working on a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts