Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2019 CRV EX. Start the car, the map comes up on the screen, I put in a destination, and away I go. 15 minutes later the brightness level bar pops up and beeps, touching the screen does nothing, after more beeping and flashing the screen goes to night time setting, but then in a flash the brightness level bar pops up with more beeping, then the screen goes black, and then it starts all over again. Arghhh! Anyone had this same problem? Did Honda cure it?
Paul M

·
Registered
301 Posts
I own a 2019 CRV EX. Start the car, the map comes up on the screen, I put in a destination, and away I go. 15 minutes later the brightness level bar pops up and beeps, touching the screen does nothing, after more beeping and flashing the screen goes to night time setting, but then in a flash the brightness level bar pops up with more beeping, then the screen goes black, and then it starts all over again. Arghhh! Anyone had this same problem? Did Honda cure it?
Paul M
Good to have you join Paul!

Is yours a 1.5T or the 2.0 Hybrid? Get some pics up of your machine!

I have the EX as well. And I had the EXACT same issue as you - but only ONCE.

My fix was to simply pull over in a lay by and switch the car off completely, get out and lock it. Waited 30 seconds, unlocked it, got back in and restarted the car and re-input my trip on the Nav and it was perfectly fine. Hasnt missed a beat since.

May well be the typical electrical gremlin that needs a reboot to cure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Try this
Press and hold the audio system power button for 3 seconds. Then a menu will pop up and ask you if you want to reboot the system
Good call - but while this reboots the system, it doesnt solve/cure the GPS issues or the random beeping/menu pop ups that the OP alluded to.

I did the reset at the side of the road thinking it would cure it, but didnt. Thats when I did the nuclear option of getting out and locking the car etc.

So many bloody electrical things on cars these days! Grrrr!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts