Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a solution for carrying my 3 dogs in my CRV. I prefer they travel in crates, but it's hard to fit them in the CRV because I also need the rear seat up for passengers. I found on amazon a trixie brand size XL aluminum crate that is a perfect fit for the rear cargo area of the CRV (2008), and the floor space of the crate is plenty for 2 dogs to travel together, with lots of space. It's on sale for $211.00, quite reasonable for this type of crate. It's sloped front and back so it fits up against the rear seat and the rear hatch closes easily.
It fits like it was made for the space. I did have to put it together but it wasn't hard and I did it by myself even though the instructions say you should have two people. The dogs love it- 2 in the crate, and one in a seatbelt harness in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That's a nice dog crate. I am in need of a new one soon and I think if I get the medium or large it will fit both our pugs together with room to spare. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the floor measurements for the XL size is 36.5" wide by 32.8 deep. It's 25 tall, so it does not block your rear view at all. The large floor space gives them lots of room to lay down.. The top measures 36 wide by 19" deep, so there's quite a slope to the front and back which makes it fit securely in the cargo space with the rear seat for support. I tied it down to the cargo loops. I put it on some of the interlocking foam floor mats to cushion the plastic trip piece that curves down onto the floor right behind the rear seats. It's also got rounded edges and corners so it doesn't scratch anything as you put it in and out of the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts