Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the hunt for my 1st Honda CR-V to use as a daily driver for my 122 mile daily round trip commute Tom Front Royal, VA to Dulles, VA where I work. I am looking for an older model 1st or possibly 2nd generation. I don't want any fly by wire or excessive amount of electronic controls. I found a 1997 model local to me on a used car lot for a reasonable price and intend to check it out on my next break from work. I have been lurking for several weeks now and have already gleaned some valuable information. I also am a beef cattle farmer and have a fully equipped shop with a car lift. I try and do m9st of My car work and maintenance myself. My only hobby is riding and building vintage Japanese 2 stroke street bikes. I also have a ride business doing custom glass bead blasting if any of Y'all have need of my services. Looking forward to finding a good CR- V.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,976 Posts
Welcome! :Group:

Throttle by Wire started in '05. Ours has been VERY reliable (since I adjusted the short actuator cable when our car was 4 months old).

Gen1 Vs are starting to require suspension work (control arms/ball joints/bushings) so look carefully.
Early Gen2 Vs suffered from 'grenading' A/C compressors, many have been fixed but not all were fixed properly. The plain-jane Gen2 LX doesn't have many electronic gizmos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I have read about the grenading compressors on the 2002 and up. Not sure which year they figured that out. That being said I have done some AC work and replacing a compressor and a dryer then vacuum and re- service is something I have had success on so I guess I will expand my search through the 2004 models. Thanks!!!

·
Banned
217 Posts
Glad to have you here Tim in Front Royal, VA! Hope you find what you’re looking for! I did see a 2001 CR-V Manual with 130k miles a couple weeks ago in (Virginia) Craigslist. Like carbuff said First Gens are coming up on rubber issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.