Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CR-V 5th generation was only recently launched in the UK, and the first deliveries happened this month. I am the proud owner of this EX model which is the top variant in the UK, similar to the touring. The cars being sold here are made in Japan, with a Japanese vin.

My car is a 6 speed manual transmission 1.5 turbo petrol, rated at 172 hp. The CVT in the UK is 192 hp, but approximately £1700 costlier. Cars in UK are generally more expensive.

There is no remote engine start, an optional extra. But the car has 19 inch wheels and Michelin tyres, heated windscreen wipers, panaromic opening sunroof besides all other features of the touring.

The forum for this 5th generation is currently inactive in the UK, so I thought I will connect with other owners here.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,668 Posts
Congratulations! I really like the wheels, they are different than the ones available here in the US.

Enjoy the new CR-V!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice car. I'm jealous of your heated windshield wipers. I don't think that's an option for us in the USA or Canada. It's a feature that wouldn't be needed very often, but when the conditions are right I could see it being very useful.

We also don't get the option for a manual transmission. Stick shifts are becoming a very rare thing for most new vehicles on this side of the pond. Honda still offers them in the Civic and Fit, but I don't think they are very big sellers (which is too bad since I happen to really like manual transmissions, but it wouldn't matter anyways since my wife doesn't, and she over rules me).

Anyways, thanks for checking in.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome! Very nice ride! I wish we could get the manual transmission here! 2006 was the last CR-V available in the US with a manual. Keep us posted on how it treats you.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pity they put the steering wheel on the incorrect side of the car...JUST KIDDING!

Happy to have you here, good looking ride!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice car. I'm jealous of your heated windshield wipers. I don't think that's an option for us in the USA or Canada. It's a feature that wouldn't be needed very often, but when the conditions are right I could see it being very useful.

We also don't get the option for a manual transmission. Stick shifts are becoming a very rare thing for most new vehicles on this side of the pond. Honda still offers them in the Civic and Fit, but I don't think they are very big sellers (which is too bad since I happen to really like manual transmissions, but it wouldn't matter anyways since my wife doesn't, and she over rules me).

I think Canada gets those... But not USA unfortunately

I would love to have those folding mirrors

·
Registered
36 Posts

Canadian CR-V have heated windshield wipers

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
The CR-V 5th generation was only recently launched in the UK, and the first deliveries happened this month. I am the proud owner of this EX model which is the top variant in the UK, similar to the touring. The cars being sold here are made in Japan, with a Japanese vin.

My car is a 6 speed manual transmission 1.5 turbo petrol, rated at 172 hp. The CVT in the UK is 192 hp, but approximately £1700 costlier. Cars in UK are generally more expensive.

There is no remote engine start, an optional extra. But the car has 19 inch wheels and Michelin tyres, heated windscreen wipers, panaromic opening sunroof besides all other features of the touring.

The forum for this 5th generation is currently inactive in the UK, so I thought I will connect with other owners here.

Thank you
The tires are 235 45 R19? Somebody know the part number of this wheels?

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
heated windscreen wipers
We have these in Texas, too. But here they're a function of the weather, not the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got mine in September, just after the launch. EX, CVT, 5 seat model. Excellent 7 speed auto also with flappy paddles. Made in Japan, 3500 miles and no oil dilution problem.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Questions: A CVT is a constantly variable one-speed transmission, so how is it also a 7-speed auto? Also, what are flappy paddles? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
I'm in the UK. Funny how big CRV's look here....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in the UK. Funny how big CRV's look here....
True Too big for our parking bays, and for our narrow roads. My neighbors who I share the driveway with I can feel have started disliking me now!! Some rental car companies market this segment of cars as a large SUV!

·
Registered
2017 LX-AWD
72 Posts
Questions: A CVT is a constantly variable one-speed transmission, so how is it also a 7-speed auto? Also, what are flappy paddles? Thanks.
Lots of manufacturers (including Honda) program the CVT so it has steps in its pattern to simulate a regular transmission.
If you more or less floor your CRV you will hear (and see on the tach) drops in the RPM as it accelerates.
In theory, there's no benefit nor logic for a CVT to behave this way but manufacturers include those artificial "shift points" because people freak out when they can't hear the usual rise and drop in RPM during acceleration and think something's wrong with their car.

Flappy paddles are paddles behind the steering wheel to shift up and down a transmission without taking your hands off the wheel. One side to downshift, one side to upshift.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts