Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you should mention that. The lady who owned my CRV didn't do as well of a job of keeping her up to snuff in the 15 years she had as I have done over the last year of having it.

Transmission went out basically a week after I got it, differentials completely shattered into a million pieces, timing belt was original, leak(s) in the oil pan, and damaged tire rods. I've basically spent about $3000 just to bring her back from the brink, and that's not including my finder-binder with a new Kia.

Wow! That's a lot of miles. I'm glad to see such a high mileage vehicle running so well.

·
Registered
772 Posts
A big welcome to the forum. Your ride is awesome, looks really well taken care of. Just as a side note, O'Reilly auto parts sells a bottle of Mother's Simply Black moulding dressing that will make your door mouldings look like NEW as well as other trim. I've had mine just about a year as well. Found it from a lady school teacher in Athens, one owner, smoke free, no accidents, and drives like a new one, just torned 215k miles and a BLACK beauty. Keep yours looking like it is, very nice.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Funny you should mention that. The lady who owned my CRV didn't do as well of a job of keeping her up to snuff in the 15 years she had as I have done over the last year of having it.

Transmission went out basically a week after I got it, differentials completely shattered into a million pieces, timing belt was original, leak(s) in the oil pan, and damaged tire rods. I've basically spent about $3000 just to bring her back from the brink, and that's not including my finder-binder with a new Kia.
Well here's to hoping that you won't have to put any more money into it! :cool:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome and wow ! It goes to show that this poor vehicle even after the abuse from previous owner has stood up well. Hopefully with all the work you have put in it will last a long time for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A big welcome to the forum. Your ride is awesome, looks really well taken care of. Just as a side note, O'Reilly auto parts sells a bottle of Mother's Simply Black moulding dressing that will make your door mouldings look like NEW as well as other trim. I've had mine just about a year as well. Found it from a lady school teacher in Athens, one owner, smoke free, no accidents, and drives like a new one, just torned 215k miles and a BLACK beauty. Keep yours looking like it is, very nice.
Thanks for that info about the trim, that was actually going to be one of my first questions. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here's to hoping that you won't have to put any more money into it! :cool:
I'm pretty much done with the serious work, the transmission replacement alone will let my drive her for about another 100k miles.

Definitely won't hurt the resale value.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I found Forever Black to last a bit longer but none of them do a permanent fix. The heat gun method is the longest lasting. Google for heat gun and black bumper to see how people do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts