Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New owner here - have never owned a Honda.

After a lot of research we decided to buy a new 2016 CRV. The models don't have the same names here in Australia as they do in NA, but the model we got is called a VTI-S here, which is the mid range model (has push button start, front and rear parking sensors, lane watch, etc.). We opted for the 4WD as we live in a semi-rural area. We got a pretty good deal as it was recently the end of financial year (end of June) here, which is when manufacturers and dealers offer a lot of incentives, so we got free on road costs, 5-year warranty and roadside assist.

In Australia the new models still come with the 5-speed auto rather than the CVT. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing - have read a lot of negative feedback about the 5-speed transmission and it does rev quite high in places, but it seems okay.

We had aftermarket side steps installed at the dealer as we have a 3yo who has trouble climbing in and out.

Loving the car so far!

Here's a pic:

2016-crv.jpg

Looking forward to being part of the forum!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome to the Forum dme102.

We too bought a 2016 VTi-S in Modern Steel Metallic, we trade a 2013 VTi in on our new CRV.

P.S. If you add your location i.e. Melbourne Australia or Narre Warren Australia or Geelong Australia etc. to your details it makes it easier for people to see where your from when replying to your questions as this Forum is heavily in favour of our friends from across the pond (USA), not that that is problem, we Aussies like everybody, well with minor exceptions.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum dme 102! Glad to have you aboard! Nice looking V! Beautiful colour! What is the engine size? The 5 speed auto is a proven design the older model here before the CVT was introduced has the 5 speed auto. One good thing about it is that the fluid is much lower price than the CVT. Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Wombat - thanks for the tip - I have added location to my profile. How are you finding your 2016 model? We had a close toss up between the modern steel and the blue.

otto - thanks for the info about the fluid price, I had not heard about that before. The engine is a 2.4L. I think the FWD version has 2L.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks guys.

Wombat - thanks for the tip - I have added location to my profile. How are you finding your 2016 model? We had a close toss up between the modern steel and the blue.
We only have about 2,800 up on ours so far, we have found it to be a different feeling when driving but cannot put our finger on why it feels that way.
The warning message on the 7" screen drives us insane, so does not being able to put all the windows down when the Accessory position is selected on the Push Start button, otherwise no other complaints at this stage.

·
Registered
442 Posts
that is a very nice colour :), we dont get that here in north america.
The 5 speed is good and yo ushould have no problems with it. The reving is common to most Honda engines so nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your '16 CR-V. Great color and you'll love this vehicle more every day. Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome! Man, owners across both waters do tend to get better body versions of Hondas....

Congrats too!

·
Registered
548 Posts
do you love the 2016 VTi-S in Modern Steel Metalli?
I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me, it's like a lot of Metallic colored cars, they really come to life in bright sunlight. We do like the 2016 so far, it has it's Pros & Cons as does any car.
I got to choose the make & model, Wife got to choose the color, because last time I got to choose both as we were trading in a Mazda 6 Limited that was on it's 3rd engine, that's another story in itself.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome !! Beautiful car you opted for !! Been to your lovely city multiple times - an old friend lives in Ringwood !! Hope it goes well for you ?? Putting "roo" bars on the front ??? Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts