Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up, and the into asks me to come here and introduce myself, so; here's me.

I currently have a 1981 Fiat X1/9 that I've had since 1987; a 1991 Toyota Pickup that I've had since 2004, a 1999 Nissan Maxima that I've had since 2007, and now the 2014 CR-V that we bought a few months ago.
I've taken the Maxima to a mechanic twice (for the ECU); other than that I do all of my own work (except smog and tires); although with the warranty on the CR-V I guess that's going to have to change.

My wife wanted a newer vehicle, said she wanted an SUV. I said SUV's are too large and fuel-inefficient. But then when I started to look around, and saw that the CR-V is rated the most reliable vehicle you can buy. And ... they aren't that big.

So... here I am.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome. I don't do all of the work on our Hondas, but have managed to avoid a dealer except for one TSB on our 15 CR-V and one recall on my son's 99 Accord. I'm lucky to have an exceptionally reliable shop within walking distance when I don't have time or am too chicken to tackle certain jobs; even when I bring the parts. Two old Fords get most of their love from me.
Congratulations on your purchase.

Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts