Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from South Africa - 56k KILLER!!!

Hi All

I am from South Africa and I must say this is an awesome site !!!

Never been a fan of the CRV till I drove one lol

I have a 84 EX Prelude and a VTI EK4 Civic Hatch I wont go through the mods of these to many lol

I came across this specimen as I was looking to add to my collection as I was using my civic as my daily. It has a b16 with cams and big exhaust so its really hard to keep it out of vtec and fuel economy is through the roof lol

Here is the CRV
2007 RSVI CRV 4wd
R20 Engine
6 Speed Manual
131xxxkm
Bone stock

Plans for the Future
Upgraded amplified door speakers
Sound Deadning on Doors
Stealth boot Subwoofer (like the JL system)
Aftermarket Navi Unit with rear cam
Rear Boot Spoiler
Fogs
Decat with piggy back management
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Guards
Park Distance Unit

now for pics

The Civic

Lude

So guys I have my first question does anyone know the output in rms of the stock radio of my crv

Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Welcome. Can't help you with your question but like your '07 CR-V. Especially that it's a 6 speed manual. If we only had that here in the U.S. :(

Prelude is in great shape too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Can't help you with your question but like your '07 CR-V. Especially that it's a 6 speed manual. If we only had that here in the U.S. :(

Prelude is in great shape too.
Haha Thanks

Wow I cant beleive they never did a 6 speed for you guys as for the lude its stripped now busy doing a rebuild with a h2b setup should be a beast

Will take more pics for closer comparison to the us versions

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome!

Beautiful CR-V.......I have one that is a 2007 and they are identical in color which is the Borrego Beige Metallic. I have the EX-L with talking navigation which is really a life saver at times when I have taken road trips.

Love this color, it seems it was only around for 3rd generation CR-V's. You will LOVE your new 2007....I know you must get compliments on the color, I certainly have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

Beautiful CR-V.......I have one that is a 2007 and they are identical in color which is the Borrego Beige Metallic. I have the EX-L with talking navigation which is really a life saver at times when I have taken road trips.

Love this color, it seems it was only around for 3rd generation CR-V's. You will LOVE your new 2007....I know you must get compliments on the color, I certainly have.
Thanks buddy, starting toreally love this car only thing I hate is the sound system have you got a build thread so I can see some pics of your car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finally drive the CRV at night and damn the lights suck !!!

So been doing some research and I want to go HID, my question is which kit do you choose

When I bought a h4 kit with the single xenon once you hit brights the lights go off, will this happen with the CRV as it has a dedicated light for the brights I am really confused please help

had a look at this thread good how to

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/7248-09-crv-hid-install.html

Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks buddy, starting toreally love this car only thing I hate is the sound system have you got a build thread so I can see some pics of your car
I am always curious how people find their CR-V's. I found mine from a neighbor one street over. I had not ever observed the CR-V's on the road until I got mine. It is such a stylish, smart looking vehicle I can't believe I didn't notice these Hondas going down the road. Of course, now i see them everywhere.

Your CR-V and mine are identical. I really love the glossy sheen of this golden color.

MY other car in the garage is my Chevy Nova 1977 that I bought brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
dude your car looks mint almost look identical can you take some pics of the interior as I want to see if you got different features to myne

Also do you know what HID xenon kit to use on or cars ?

single or bixenon

Sending car to the the mechanic to do the following

Replace
Radiator Cap
Fuel Filter
Diff oil with new washer
Thermostat with new coolant
Gearbox Oil

To check and to be replaced if needed
Cabin Air Filter
Air Filter
Timing Chain
Serpent Belt sometimes noisy
Valve Clearance
Tie rods
Steering Gearbox
Boots
Suspension
ABS
Brake Pads
Brake Hoses

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to freshen up the light colur to the modern era and improve that damn terrible low beam

According to the guy that I bought this car from it has night breaker globes but it still sucks

I will be leaving the high beams stock as the light is sifficiant and if you flash your lights with HID you can damage the globes as they should warm up and then get turned off. I also plan on getting a 3000k HID kit for my fogs once I get them

I only did the parks for now as I need to drill the light covers

Before

After

I want to upgrade my indicator globes to the so they dont look orange but are still orange if you know what I mean

Used this as a refrence

Here are some other pics of my car

The Wife Chillin

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey there,

I am sorry I can't help you with your other questions, I am rather limited and that is why I am here. But it sounds like your new 2007 will be in great condition with everything you are changing.

I will find some interior pictures and post them.

Looking at your picture, your headlights are very bright.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Car is going to the mechanic for the stuff I listed previously

After that I am going to upgrade the stock stereo system to a better version with quality speakers and amplified setup. I will also be getting a custom box made for a sub and will be similar to the JL Stealth system as in the pics below

Might change my head unit to this also depending on funds - will have rear cam compatibility, dvd, usb, ipod and bluetooth

Will update when I have new pics

I plan on keeping this vehicle for sometime hence all the mods

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok gonna change the system due to budget :(

If all goes well I will be Getting the following setup
6.5" JBL GTO Splits
6.5" JBL 3 Way Mids
8" JBL or Kicker CompR8 Sub
Custom Flush mount Sub box boot install
Audio Bank 4 Channel Digital Amp (160rms per channel, 400rms bridged)
Sound Deadning on the Doors
JVC KW-R700 Mp3 with USB Double Din System

Hoping to get away with all this below 1000 usd and I will be installing it my self to save costs

·
Registered
442 Posts
Some great pics on this thread :) ... The beige metallic colour looks very good

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks buddy. I got it back from the mechanic today and he said to me it's a rare find to see one in this condition. That list I gave previously he checked it all. The only problems is a slight brake and clutch shutter but other than that he said it has never been off road. I can't wait for the sound upgrade the stock system is so crap !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so I spend about $1200 this weekend went over budget but hey this is once off

Specs of my System will be

Cervin Vega 800.5 Stealth Amp - IMO best amp for our cars
JBL GTO804 Sub
JBL GTO629 Mids
JBL GTO6508c Splits
Sony XAV-68BT - Bluetooth, usb and dvd touch
Rockford Fosgate RCA Cables
4 Gauge Wiring Kit
Sound Deadning Door Kits
Sound Deadning Mats
Facia plate for Double din awaiting delivery
Plug in and play conversion harness's