Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....more precisely, the sometimes hot dry desert of Southern Interior British Columbia, Canada.
Three weeks into a 2007 EX...270000km...seems like I'm the third owner...
About me (John).......I'm a fully certified Olde F_ _ t....an expat Brit living in Canada most of my 74+ years .....rebuilt my first engine on my Dad's 1955 Standard 10 when I was 16.....have owned /maintained/rebuilt just about every make of vehicle over the years ....following the principle that if you want a job doing right, then ........
Looked at a few Honda forums before finding this...none seemed to have the wealth of information evident here.
The forums have already been a great help in confirming my thoughts about the mysterious Right Rear burning rubber smell...only happens after I zoom up the severely steep highway into my place...couple of miles @ 90km/hr in D3...strongly suspect it's the superheated CatCon frying the rubber hangers...
FYI...I found an excellent quality approved download of the Factory service Manual for a great price on eBay...
..I'm not allowed to post a link, but the seller is user_friendly_manuals
..unlike a lot of these pdf files, this is well organised and easy to navigate.
Intro you wanted .....too much intro you got!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Not sure of your definition of hot, but if you look up the definition of the word hot, you will find a picture of where I live - Texas! A working air conditioner is a life and death issue here. By the way, you can post links after five posts. I post them all the time. Here's the manual I got:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bishko-OEM...459374?hash=item41bc9fbcae:g:e9YAAOSw0nhceLNz

I got my '07 last year with 92k miles on it, and so far so good! Got any pictures? We love pictures. You can see mine in my Showcase. Keep us posted on how it is going, and enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Larry....that's a great looking V...

Appreciate the info about posting links.

Guess I'll try and post some pics after I've scraped off last nights' freezing rain and sleet...definitely not hot here at the moment ! ❄☃

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Sorry to hear it. It will be 74-75 here all week. But I did have to break out a flannel shirt the other day to go to the store. I hate winter!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi John.
Just saw your intro post. Like you, I'm a 70+ English ex-pat, living in the West Kootenays.
In 2018 my wife and I were preparing to drive to Florida in our '07 Toyota Matrix - to visit her brother and explore 'middle America'. A neighbor alerted me to a CR-V for sale locally, so we went to look at it. The seller was a maintenance fanatic with all receipts for work done by the dealer, he based his (very fair) price on the trade quoted him on a new CR-V - bought it the same day. We headed off on our 11,000 km round trip in a car we had owned for a week - zero problems.
Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for sharing Wes! I literally just pickup my 2020 CRV touring. :) I’ve been a CRV owner since the first generation hehe. This is our 5th CRV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts