Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon!

I own a 07 CR-V and it has 137,000 miles. I am needing to purchase shocks/struts and tires for it at the moment, hell maybe even a slightly lowered spring set lol (any advice is appreciated), but the main issue I am having at the moment is the fact that when I am at a stop, when I am turning into a parking spot, or a U-turn etc the vehicle grinds pretty bad. Sometimes it almost feels like it might lunge a little or hesitate when you start to accelerate. If you are driving straight or on the highway going around a corning it is fine. Any advice on what this could be? Do you think the differential fluid needs to be changed, or do you think it is something more serious? Hoping to keep this car for a long time. We purchased it new in 07 and it has been a great vehicle. Thank you for any advice, it is appreciated. I hope everyone has a great, and safe Halloween!

Robert

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
+1 Change the rear diffy fluid with Honda DP-2 fluid.
Do around 6-8 wheel lock turns slowly in each direction to 'burnish' the diffy clutches after the refill. If the problem doesn't dramatically decrease, there could well be another cause. There are many vids on youtube on how to easily do this yourself.
There are also writeups in these forums.
Buffalo4

·
Everything in Moderation
7,748 Posts
Just to add: If it has been a lot of miles or years (or, you don't have service records) since a differential fluid change, it would be useful to change the diff fluid two more times, even if it seems better after a single drain & fill.

You need the two crush washers, but just changer them after the last d&f you do,.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your advice. I will get to this as soon as I get back from KC! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got to it today, and changed the fluid. Wow! It is like night and day! The car feels great! Thank you all for your help, it is greatly appreciated :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts