Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not the only one, but I always got frustrated cleaning the inside of the windshield. I can't see to do a good job towards the front by the dash. It was worse w/my Accord as it was a deep window.
sorry, just venting as when the weather warms, the window needs cleaning more.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Magic erasers are your friend. I started using them last year and it makes getting it clean sooo much easier. Warm water, magic eraser, then glass cleaner.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Two tips for you

One if you wanna clean it less by just having it fog less wipe it down with some plain old shaving cream on a rag.

You can google it before u do it and try to keep it on glass and not dash.

Also if thats a little too funky for you i have this also and works great

https://www.amazon.com/Stoner-Reach-Clean-Tool-95161/dp/B0017K69MA

Enjoy
I have never heard of the shaving cream trick, I'll keep that in mind. :D

I use one of these Windscreen Cleaners from ALDI along with a 60ml (2.02 US fl oz) of 50/50 distilled water & white vinegar.
I also only use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my dash surface or if I have run out of 303 I just use a damp chamois.
Whatever you do, don't use Armor All Protectant inside your car ANYWHERE!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two tips for you
One if you wanna clean it less by just having it fog less wipe it down with some plain old shaving cream on a rag.

Enjoy
hmmm shaving cream.
i have one of those reach tools, maybe will work better on my CRV. never could get enough pressure by the dash w/my Accord to clean the window.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also only use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my dash surface or if I have run out of 303 I just use a damp chamois.
Whatever you do, don't use Armor All Protectant inside your car ANYWHERE!
thanks for the info. my ArmorAll was dried up so will give it a try as replacement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When cleaning windows/glass, instead of using paper towels, try using crumbled up newspapers. No streaks and no lint/fuzzies. Might be harder these days to find a newspaper but it works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When cleaning windows/glass, instead of using paper towels, try using crumbled up newspapers. No streaks and no lint/fuzzies. Might be harder these days to find a newspaper but it works pretty good.
LOL. I remember my mother cleaning our house windows w/newspapers. yes, i'm old.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have used newsprint for years on my windows and yes, it works better than anything else I've been able to find. Your hands get a bit dirty from the ink but that's a minor issue. I use Stoner's for the spray cleaner (Walmart sells it) then dry with crumpled up newspaper. Have heard that warm water and a few drops of dishwashing detergent works well too, but haven't actually tried it.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
Alcohol leaves streaks. But it WILL cut through the haze from vinyl.

We have TWO vehicles with lower windshields that require a long reach. The tools mentioned do a good job IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
FWIW, I bought a can of Invisible Glass last summer and some nice microfiber towels, and for the first time I've owned a car, the windows have been streak-free. The Invisible Glass is cheap enough that I don't need to mess with any "home brew" recipes or newsprint, and the microfiber towels of course are reusable.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Two tips for you

Enjoy
There are similar inside wiping tools that even have an optional extension shaft/handle for easier reach.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've been using Invisible Glass and micro fiber towels for years. No streaking and the product is safe on tinted windows. I've done the newspaper route and it gets it clean but you have dirty hands and paper lint all over the interior when done. Micro fiber towels are the way to go. I believe that Stoner (maker of Invisible Glass) also has a tool for getting edges.

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda CRV EX-L
421 Posts
I also use Invisible glass and microfiber towels. Aerosol can works best. Doesn't run down the window when using. The inside is difficult. I'm going to get a reach devise mentioned here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.