Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Taffeta White CR-V for about 3 years and last year I decided it was time to customize it a little bit. Red is my favorite color but a total vehicle color change was out of the question so after looking around the internet and youtube, I decided to have it painted almost 99% all one color. I went with House of Kolors Base White with House of Kolors White Ice Pearl and House of Kolors Clear.
Everything was painted except the black around the windows and between the doors.
My buddy owns a body shop and agreed to take on this project for me.
After he took out the minot door dings/dents, and primed it, he painted it with a plain base White from "HOK". I asked him to stack the paint on since this is my daily driver. The last coat of base paint i asked him to add the "HOK White Ice Pearl" to it. Once he was finished painting the vehicle and all parts , he applied "HOK" clear, then 2nd coat he added the White Ice Pearl, 3rd was just "HOK" clear, 4th was HOK Clear with White Ice Pearl again and then he shot on 2 more "HOK" regular clear coats to ginish it up.
Durring the day, it is a screaming White that stands out big time! At dusk and night, especially when driving or parked under street lights or store lights, that when the magic happens!! It picks up any color that it's near, and looks like it has that pearl in the paint and the big thing is the metal flake pops out and grabs you. You can loo at it one way and it looks wet with water..the next time ya loo it's picking up what ever it's near, next time ya look it might just be a Screaming loud white. I'm satisfied with the outcome and it's been almost a year and the paint has withstood summer heat, cold winds and snow. Just wish I could have had it in red ...but ohh in due time, I'll have a new red CR-V or Pilot ; )

If ya have any questions, feel free to ask.

Eric

2016-07-05 08.25.24.jpg
Originally how she looked before any work.

crvpaint3.jpg
Dents being fixed

crvpaint.jpg

crvpaint4.jpg

crvpaint11.jpg

crvpaint8.jpg
Finished product...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crvpaint7.jpg
Depo brand projector headlights

crvpaint6.jpg
What cha think?

rsz_fb_img_1445032837203.jpg
Took it on a trip to the mountains, taken in front of our cabin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch Craig, Lol... I usually stop by his shop once a week on Fridays..my day off from work, and hang out for a few. He knows if he ever needs anything or help with something..all he has to do is call me.
Lol .. he got a quart of stump water for Christmas ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
looks very nice and looks brand new, not a 13 yr old vehicle

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice second gen, superbazooka! Love the HOK paint job... I'm not too sure if I dig the taillights tho. I'd prefer the clear/red/clear on the 05-06s instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks :grinning: I have people asking all the time.."what kina vehicle is that?".lol..and I tell them it's a Honda CR-V..and believe it or not, some reply back, "I've never heard of that before"...Lol..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice second gen, superbazooka! Love the HOK paint job... I'm not too sure if I dig the taillights tho. I'd prefer the clear/red/clear on the 05-06s instead.
Thank ya :) ...yeah, I wasn't too fond of the taillights either...but a good friend of mine who owns the Car accessories & stereo shop gave them to me.. I was having a Viper car alarm installed and he brought them out to me answer asked if I wanted them..said someone had him order them a year prior and never came back for them. So I gladly took them ;)
I saw some Led taillights for the Gen 2 that I might get that have the smoked lense. They look a ton better but for now..As for the set i have now..free= me sporting them till I get some new ones lol..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you :) It's a pain to keep clean but when she is..she'll definitely turn heads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks :) yeah, I like a more boxy looking suv. I was going to get a new Hoda Pilot but since the major body style change..I'm not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replying here, because Im a new member can't really send that many private messages.

I saw the spec on your tires and rims. No lifts on the car right? And that rim fit fine with the CRV with no mods, even with the 40mm offset?

Also, I am looking for tires that would fit the stock rims, have you tried other tires on stock rims before? I am looking at 215/70R15, vs the stock 205/70R15. Do you know if I would have problems with the 215's?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Replying here, because Im a new member can't really send that many private messages.

I saw the spec on your tires and rims. No lifts on the car right? And that rim fit fine with the CRV with no mods, even with the 40mm offset?

Also, I am looking for tires that would fit the stock rims, have you tried other tires on stock rims before? I am looking at 215/70R15, vs the stock 205/70R15. Do you know if I would have problems with the 215's?
I can tell you yes, you can do that. But there is a Wheel forum you can ask this in to get a faster response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts