Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 2017 CR-V 2WD LX
I also have a SamSung Galaxy S7 (OS 7.0) mobile phone (SM-G930T)

I have paired my phone and I have set a speed dial number and tag to my wife.

When I push the phone button or use the button on the steering wheel to talk (make a call)
I get the prompt to "CALL and I speak the tag for my wife, so far all is well.

..but now instead of hearing the calling ring over the car speakers, I barely hear hear phone ringing (when she is close by, as we test this)
and when she answers her phone I must talk to her using my mobile phone.

....BUT if I press the "BlueTooth" icon on my mobile phone the call is "transferred" to the car's HandsFree Link and I can talk via the car, but
this seems to defeat the issue of hands free as I had to press a button on my mobile phone.

Several calls to the HandsFreeLink people ( 1-888528-7876) and a trip to the dealer say there is a problem with the phone or, they say,
this is just the way this phone is with the CRV and pressing 1 (one) button on the mobile phone is not really a problem

Blue tooth on the phone is on. Everything seems to be "on" that needs to be. No one has an answer.

This is a fairly new phone and the CRV is brand new.

I don't think I should have to press any button on my phone to use the Hands Free feature on the CRV

I hope this makes sense. Please help.

TIA

Cliff

·
Registered
101 Posts
My problem is somewhat different - in the past, when I wanted to make a call, I just pressed the button on the steering wheel, and said "call Charlotte", if Charlotte was the one I wanted to call, and that name was in the phone book (it is). Now I have to listen to many many voice prompts, and, "after the tone", do the next step of several steps, and I must select a speed dial for that person (which I would have had to do ahead of time, and it's limited to only 20), or manually select it from the displayed phone book. This isn't really safe when I'm driving, and takes a lot of time and attention. This is really a step backward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts