Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Been watching this forum for a while as I geared up to start shopping for a 2017 CR-V. Can anyone tell me if there are hangar hook in the trunk? I know they're next to the passenger seats in the back, but couldn't find any indication as to whether they had them in the trunk as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
143 Posts
You can't see them easily, they are black and face forward. I had them in my 2011 CRV, but never found a use for them. But I was given a cargo net that attaches to the floor rings. That's a great option. expands to hold boxes and large stuff in place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The hooks on each side in the cargo area are for you to hook the plastic bag handles on when you've been shopping. It's so that your plastic bags of groceries don't roll around all over the cargo area spilling out their contents. At least that's what was explained to me.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm sure 3M makes a stick on hook and there is some plastic area in the cargo area to attach some to. Got to get creative sometimes
Never had any luck trying to stick stuff to car plastics..they never hold up
I did ad a cargo net that goes across the the rear. check Amazon they have several and cheap
The Honda net is for holding down a box or suite case but does't keep bags or bottles in place

·
Registered
88 Posts
If the hook was a critical item I would find a way to make it work.

There are so many types available in a hardware store it's crazy. I would find one with a decent size mounting plate and either epoxy it to the plastic or drill a small hole in the baseplate and bolt it into place. There are tons of plastic areas in the cargo area where a hook can mount.
If the panel is easily removable a nut and bolt will support the hook thru a world war. If not removable, a screw for plastic would do the trick.
These become permanent....but so is a factory hook.

You can buy on eBay and in most dollar stores a hook that hangs on the back of the headrest. Just pop this on the rear headrest .

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the Touring, with the subwoofer in the well at the right rear of the cargo area, there is only the hook on the left side. I guess they don't want us blocking the subwoofer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.