and lowlands. Not taking it easy--just driving
about 70 to 75 MPH normally.

Around town I get 23 MPG.

Not the best but I'll live with it.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
I've averaged 23 - 25 MPG over eleven years (YES, I keep records of every fill-up).

On recent 500 mile trip I got almost 30MPG. And that's with the geared-down manual (3500 RPM on highways) :eek:

Hot weather, constant A/C use reduces MPG by two miles per gallon..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've averaged 23 - 25 MPG over eleven years (YES, I keep records of every fill-up).

On recent 500 mile trip I got almost 30MPG. And that's with the geared-down manual (3500 RPM on highways) :eek:

Hot weather, constant A/C use reduces MPG by two miles per gallon..
I am a little bummed about the fuel economy from my wife's CRV. According to my fuelly records, my average is 23 mpg, best is 25 mpg. Yesterday, I drove 400 miles, 100% highway at 60, 70, 80 MPH, and my trip average was 22.6 mpg, with just me and my daughter in the car, driving with cruise control.

I have a 2005 AWD CRV 5spd MT, with roof rack cross bars. I noticed a mpg when I installed the roof rack, although its the areo blades. Where I live in VA is flat, with zero mountains. I get excellent fuel economy in my Accord.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The V punches a bigger hole in the air than an Accord.

Our old Acura TL V6 got the same highway mileage as our V.
Yes, I know. When I went into the mountains on Long decent hills where it says to use lower gears goind down, I go in neutral and barely decerlate, it definitely moves a lot of air. I really appreciate it though, it did great this week when it snowed in VA. I just broke 100k Miles this weekend, and I am looking forward to another 100k Miles on it. My next upgrade will definitely be a 4WD CRV 3rd gen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
with all the upgrades I did to my FWD LX, I am getting 25/28/32 city/mix/highway. which is beyond my expectations. although the car is as aerodynamic is a flying brick, the lack of AWD, refreshed fluids, properly sized and quality tires, over oem alloy wheels really made a difference.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Dont think people understand that winter time also costs fuel mileage. The colder the worse your mileage.

There is 100 things that mess with mileage. Even any form of a cross or head wind and there goes 2 mpg.

Above 40F mine gets decent mileage (avg 26 mixed) but went from that to sub zero and fuel mileage went to 18-20.

Front aerodynamics arent bad, its the square back and ground clearance that kills it.

Things that matter (list is longer than one might think, Ill start with common ones)

1: driving habits
2: additional weight
3: accessories turned on
4: wind direction and speed
5: tire type and pressure
6: quality of fuel
7: wheel weight
8: air temperature
9: spark plugs, boots, coils
10: air filter
11: catalytic converter
12: O2 sensors
13: intake air temp sensor
14: Throttle Position sensor (this would have shown far more problems by this point)
15: coolant temperature sensor
16: contamination inside the intake (carbon build up)
17: timing chain (yeap it changes valve timing as it stretches), timing sensors (cam, crank)
18: valve lash and valve contamination.
19: worn bearings on pulleys ran by drive belt.
20: rear brake adjustment (yes you can be rubbing and dragging without even realizing it, especially on drum brakes)

Basically this is things that can effect mileage, some of which can be improved to improve mileage. Others some loss in mileage is one of many symptoms of a problem.

If its 4wd version, have to choose fuel mileage of a 2wd or have 4wd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.