Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a 2010 Honda CR-V and the previous owner had spilt pesticide the cargo area. Now there's a hard cargo tray/cargo mat/stepney cover which is carpeted one on side and that's got the pesticide spill on it and it's kind of stinking up the entire car.

The guys at the workshop said that if I could replace that, the smell would go away. However, I'm not able to find what the part is called. I'm unable to find that part on e-bay either.

Can someone in the US help me find this part?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Is that some kind of aftermarket mat for the cargo area? Aside from a Weathertec mat, I've never seen anything like that from Honda (the carpet and spare tire cover always match the interior).

·
Registered
2013 EX
65 Posts
Hmm? I did not know the rear seats would flip up like that?

Anyway...I would call that the floorboard.

Could you check around at the junkyards ..... may can find a good usable one in a wreck for a few bucks?

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that some kind of aftermarket mat for the cargo area? Aside from a Weathertec mat, I've never seen anything like that from Honda (the carpet and spare tire cover always match the interior).
It's not. I bought the car from my uncle and I've driven this car before. We've never touched a single accessory in the car.

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm? I did not know the rear seats would flip up like that?

Anyway...I would call that the floorboard.

Could you check around at the junkyards ..... may can find a good usable one in a wreck for a few bucks?
Literally just the 1 junk yard around me and they don't have it

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,932 Posts
If you are desparate, a local carpet shop surely could sell you a remnant in a complimentary color, and edge it too.

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've recently purchased a 2010 Honda CR-V and the previous owner had spilt pesticide the cargo area. Now there's a hard cargo tray/cargo mat/stepney cover which is carpeted one on side and that's got the pesticide spill on it and it's kind of stinking up the entire car.

The guys at the workshop said that if I could replace that, the smell would go away. However, I'm not able to find what the part is called. I'm unable to find that part on e-bay either.

Can someone in the US help me find this part? View attachment 147412
If you're good with it aesthetically, you could use an ozone generator. You have to be careful and follow directions closely, but if you use it correctly it can knock out pretty much any smell in your car. There are some decent ones on Amazon for about $50-60

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're good with it aesthetically, you could use an ozone generator. You have to be careful and follow directions closely, but if you use it correctly it can knock out pretty much any smell in your car. There are some decent ones on Amazon for about $50-60
I've seen a lot of car detailers on YouTube do that and was wondering if it would be worth it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts