Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'd like to hard wire two dash cams to my CRV. They don't have to be always-on, but that is a possibility. I would like to use a power source other than the cigarette lighters.

The front one think I can figure out easily enough, install cam behind rear view mirror, tuck wire under and behind pillar, somehow wire to fuse box under the steering wheel. The rear one is trickier, as I have the cargo door which swings open left to right. I would like, if possible, to put the camera in the corner of the hatch window, and have the wire running into the door and out with the other power cables .. then someone run the cable along to the fuse box?

If anyone has a dash cam in their CRV i'd sure love to get some info on the best setup.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
This is nothing special. But you need to have some knowledge of what you are doing to do it. As well as it can get rather time consuming taking the interior all apart to run wiring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts