Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBay has many listings for generic floor liners that appear to be similar to Weather Tech but much lower cost-stating they are made of non-toxic TPE material. Has anyone bought these and if so, are you satisfied with them?

Thanks in advance.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
I did buy some for my previous 4th Gen CR-V.

I ditched them before long and bought OEM mats in the end. I dont think I'll ever make that mistake again. OEM all the way.

·
Registered
501 Posts
OEM rubber mats on my 2004 TSX are over 17 years old now and in near new condition (installed November-March annually). Even the OEM carpet mats are fine. I am sure weather -tech rubber mats are fine but I went with the OEM hi-wall rubber mats and trunk mat on the CRV. Negotiated a 20% discount at time the car was purchased.

·
Registered
263 Posts
EBay has many listings for generic floor liners that appear to be similar to Weather Tech but much lower cost-stating they are made of non-toxic TPE material. Has anyone bought these and if so, are you satisfied with them?

Thanks in advance.
Depends.
Weathertech and any other overpriced liners tend to have a short life when exposed to extreme heat. Same for the cheap ones.
While the overpriced liners tend to have a better fit, they're still overpriced.
My generic chinese mats are still holding up well after 40K miles of abuse.
Do I recommend them? Not really. As shipping is going to be extreme.
Can you get by with those "universal" mats? Absolutely. They will not have a perfect fit as one designed for 5th gen CR-V but they'll get the job done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Errrr I paid $45 and some change for mine 2 yrs ago when they had just come out for sale.
Generic chinese floor mats made for CR-V and it included both front and rear.

Not bad for the price. They're still holding up.
SOME people are having problems with a chemical smell. I just let them out in the open for 2 days. No smell after that.
SOME people are complaining that they don't line up. However, mine did line up.

Granted, these are not THE BEST and they're not for everyone. But It'd held up winter of 2017-2018, winter of 2018-2019 and winter of 2019-2020 here on the northeast.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought weathertec when I bought the car three years ago. IMHO, they are far superior to the OEM mats. They cover the entire floor rather than leave a big dirt pile on the carpet below the throttle. I didn't look this up, but IIRC, the price between OEM and weathertec was very little. I would recommend that you take a look at what they cover before purchase.That of course, is only my opinion, so fire away.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We all need to consider moving away from these cheap chinese things and support our locally made products or possibly oem products even at the expense of a more costly item!
Why?
Is it because of the pandemic? I mean, the US had the weakest response to it.
Canada had an okay response to it. With similar outbreaks of SARS, MERS, and ebola, previous administrations had a better response. So blaming "cheap chinese" imports is insignificant.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yup, partially on account of the pandemic. We need to support our local suppliers. Now I might say buy Canadian..Canada first! But you need to think USA and maybe also Canada if so inclined. The economy will be in big trouble over the next 2 years. We all need to support our local businesses even although we may spend more bucks vs. China. You must agree that American made (or Canadian or Japanese) products do tend to be superior quality. I do have quite the background in response to emergencies, was directly responsible for the Ontario Sars response and co-wrote the Province of Ontario’s Pandemic Plan in 2005 but have to say that governments have to consider much more than the recommendations from scientists. Could you imagine the public response if governments had shut things down in early January when I and many others in my community saw this coming. Aside from your commander in chief’s outbursts, the US has managed to do an OK job. Canada maybe more so on account of a population more willing to follow and trust the recommendations.
Remember this will be with us for 2 years at least, the world will change permanently. In my community and in the US scientific community we have always spoken about when this will occur. Not a surprise. Stay healthy!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the Oedro floor mats. They're on Amazon - search for:

oEdRo Floor Mats Compatible for 2017-2020 Honda CR-V, Unique Black TPE

I ended up getting them directly from the Oedro website since they had a deal and they ended up being $89. I found the quality to be excellent. Great fit and the lip goes slightly up the side to catch spills. Attaches to the front factory attachment points. No nasty plastic smell. While obviously made in China they were shipped from the US and arrived very quickly. Highly recommended. I'd buy again for other cars. Unfortunately I don't see a mat for the cargo area from them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts