Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,992 Posts
Most Garmin sat/navs offer a multitude of language choices for directions.

Do you have the navigation system manual (which is separate from the regular Owners Manual)? Yours is a different market than North America, but perhaps this PDF download would help.

·
Registered
2017 touring 1,5t
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drivie with garmin.
I like it and its my problem. But Today when car was on Street, on the map wasn't
Any ideas?
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
661 Posts
Any sign of damage to the antenna on your roof? Were you driving on a new road? I have seen this happen when on a new road that Garmin has not updated. Have you updated the Garmin maps in the past year?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Maciej
This reminds me of the time I brought my portable garmin gps to Aruba..it showed me driving through the ocean! Maybe Garmin gives a low priority to Poland?

·
Registered
661 Posts
You can check the number of satellites your unit sees and the relative signal strengths. If you are in an area of the world where you only see a couple of satellites or the strength is weak such as in the mountains the accuracy may be poor.
Let car run for a couple of minutes for the gps to acquire the satellites. Go to the screen with “where to”, press and hold the signal strength for a couple seconds (you can see I am getting 5 bars strength). The next screen shows how many satellites I have captured and the relative signal strength from each one. This graph will constantly change as the satellites move.

Mobile phone Communication Device Gesture Telephony Audio equipment
Font Gas Electric blue Display device Audio equipment

·
Registered
661 Posts
The CRV Garmin does not appear to indicate actual accuracy but when I use my motorcycle Zumo in the same location, I get 3 metre accuracy showing on that second screen.

As for adding an additional language that is not already on your automotive device, use the garmin express app and a computer. You will need this app and a computer to download updates for maps as well. These instructions should point the way. You cannot physically attach the crv garmin to a computor with a cable but need to go through the steps in the nav manual preparing and using a usb memory stick.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,606 Posts
Either satellite geo-location is less than precise, or my daughter decided just being a fan at today‘s Tottenham football match wasn‘t enough vacation excitement. 🤣

View attachment 156950
LOL.

That looks like iPhone Find My app. If so, Notoriously not accurate at all. But in your case... corrupt data I bet (garbage in, garbage out). It should clear on a recheck if it is simply corrupted info.

I have seen times when it is spot on, and times when it is off as much as half a block or just completely out to lunch. You apparently are the recipient of the "out to lunch" result. :p

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,606 Posts
I drivie with garmin.
I like it and its my problem. But Today when car was on Street, on the map wasn't
Any ideas? View attachment 156934
If it were me, I would be doing more checking of map locations vs your actual vehicle locations. Reason: sometimes the map data for a series of locations is bad, sometimes the geo position data from the satellites is corrupt. Map precision also varies by country it seems as well.. which probably goes to how they captured the actual map data at Garmin.

So before you start swapping parts, I would make sure you are getting a fairly consistent miss distance in your map results. If it's bad map data or bad sat info, nothing you do to your vehicle will fix it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts