Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep whacking my head on the hatch (2014 CR-V) when it's open (I'm 6'3"), and was wondering if any of you think it's possible to put longer struts on so it will be higher when opened. I had a buddy look at it, and he seems to think it won't close with the longer struts on it.

Am I setting myself up for a fail? ?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
This is the hole design is very specific for geometry to work correctly. Your buddy is right, to put ones that are longer in will likely cause it to not be able to close because the longer ones won't compressor far enough.

Only draw back to vertical hatch imports, they forget there are a lot of us taller than 5 ft 7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Is there a height adjustment setting you can change on it? Maybe only for the powered ones. I know mine are about ready for replacement. It's on my list. They still raise the hatch, but only about 85% of the way, then I have to reach up and push it up the rest of the way. I'm not that tall, but my driveway has a steep slope, so it's highly annoying. They did not design the CR-V for basketball players or sumo wrestlers, eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts