Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud are they? With wind noise. I rather get a opinion from someone that had install them and not come with the car from the dealership. I just bought roof rails and will be buying cross bars. It's mostly for aesthetic reasons but would come in handy once in a blue on road trip. But i rather not live with awful wind noise for such low usage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had mine installed by the dealer a week after I got the car, and honestly, it didn't even occur to me to think about them increasing wind noise. I guess that's a good sign that they're not noisy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there Garoto, can I ask which point you installed them at? the dealer did the middle and back, but they seem kind of close? I noticed what looks like the ability to have one further up, am I right about?

·
Registered
96 Posts
How loud are they? With wind noise. I rather get a opinion from someone that had install them and not come with the car from the dealership. I just bought roof rails and will be buying cross bars. It's mostly for aesthetic reasons but would come in handy once in a blue on road trip. But i rather not live with awful wind noise for such low usage.
I myself installed these 2 OEM cross bars and 4 splash guards on my '17 AWD Touring. No wind noise, no affect to MPG,etc. I got 30MPG plus for mixed driving.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have a new set of cross bars still in the box that I bought for my 2012 CR-V and never installed. Now I have a 2017 and question if I should buy yet another set of them for it...and maybe never use them.
But, that said I am happy to hear they don't make noise should I change my mind and get a set for hauling my kayak.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey there Garoto, can I ask which point you installed them at? the dealer did the middle and back, but they seem kind of close? I noticed what looks like the ability to have one further up, am I right about?
Hey. I installed them about 1000 miles after I bought the car. I installed them myself. They can only be installed on one location of the roof rails, there are screw holes and threads for them. They are a little far back as to. It to obstruct the Moonroof.

No noticeable windnoise or MPG effects.

What did increase wind noise for me was the Moonroof visor and door visors. However the benefit you gain when the windows are open outweigh the added windnoise with closed windows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts