Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would NEVER drill holes for cargo tray.. I have an OEM trunk tray for my Honda Accord and I just layed it on top of carpet, hasn't moved in 3 years

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would NEVER drill holes for cargo tray.. I have an OEM trunk tray for my Honda Accord and I just layed it on top of carpet, hasn't moved in 3 years
This is more than a trunk tray. It covers the back walls, seats, and has a flap that goes down over the bumper when loading equipment into the cargo area.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is more than a trunk tray. It covers the back walls, seats, and has a flap that goes down over the bumper when loading equipment into the cargo area.
Be careful when buying one of these because the one for the Touring model has a different part number than the liner for the LX, EX and EXL models. I remember reading somewhere that the Touring has a shallower cargo hold. I don't know why it does but my guess is that the exhaust system is mounted higher.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful when buying one of these because the one for the Touring model has a different part number than the liner for the LX, EX and EXL models. I remember reading somewhere that the Touring has a shallower cargo hold. I don't know why it does but my guess is that the exhaust system is mounted higher.
Thanks for the warning, I believe when I ordered it the dealer asked what trim I had. I'll double check the part number.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only change is that the Touring has the subwoofer in the rear, the cargo liner for the Touring is perforated where the sub is.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have it installed in our Touring, LOVE IT! Not sure about the install as the dealer did it before we took delivery.
Thanks for the opinion. I'm a photographer/videographer by trade, so I'm always loading equipment cases, tripods, etc in and out of the back. I figured the cargo liner would help with that.

How is the part that flips out, does it cover the bumper area? Do you just roll it up and tuck it inside when you close the door?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If someone has any real pics that shows what the Honda OEM floor liner looks like installed, it would be great if you could post a few of them. All the pics I see online do not really show any close ups. Or at least I could not find any good pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to decide between this and the cargo tray. We'd have a dog in the back, so I like how this can protect the sides. Specifically, I wonder
- is it spillproof? I wouldn't want it completely spillproof, as it would just dribble off the edge. But a little absorbant without soaking through (and washable) would be ideal.
- is it slippery? The low-res photo looks like it's a nylon like material. I'd want to put my dog in it, but don't want him/bikes sliding from side to side just from making a turn.
(and because the eBay link is now dead and I can't post links yet, Google this part number to see the liner I think we're talking about: 08P42-TLA-100A)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a big dog. Looking for one of these liners. I have the cargo TRAY -- not this liner. It has a great feel and has a lip, so any spills would be contained -- which is definitely what I want.

Inside the tray, I'd want a mat or bed that I could wash, and the tray is easily removable to wash. While I like the idea of something to protect the sides from dog hair, I don't like the look of that liner. (I googled the part number.)

Have you looked at this one by INNX on Amazon? I like the looks of it better... and I think I'd lay it inside on top of my Honda rubber cargo tray. $29. Oh, and for $60, I see they have a quilted one...
https://www.amazon.com/INNX-Waterproof-Canine-Standard-Lx17-7/dp/B01FR0STOG/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1496414059&sr=8-33&keywords=honda+cr-v+cargo+liner
Uh-oh, the 1,2,3 star reviews... could be better. Maybe the quilted is better? People still are reviewing the velcro as poor quality.
How about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/FrontPet-Extended-Quilted-Universal-Protects/dp/B06W9L6S8L/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8
I'd really like one with some spring-steel in the edges like a sunshade, so it will flip open and fold back up, and so it does not have to adhere to the car or windows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Inside the tray, I'd want a mat or bed that I could wash, and the tray is easily removable to wash. While I like the idea of something to protect the sides from dog hair, I don't like the look of that liner. (I googled the part number.)
What I don't like about the OEM is that it seems to be a pain to uninstall. The instructions are 13 pages long, and not for "DIYers". I only take the dog occasionally, and haven't yet in the CRV so I don't really know how he'll like sitting in the back. If he can't tolerate it, it's not worth putting that much money into something like that. Yes, I can imagine the velcro failing if the sticky points are on the fabric, rather than on the plastic. At $30 USD, it might be ok to take the risk.

I might just go with the standard high walled tray, and use an existing backseat cover for our other car and reverse it to protect the back of the rear seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently installed this in my EX...I thought it was pretty easy to install. It didn't come with the instructions, which I had to track down. But after that it took me about an hour to do. We have two dogs who like to stand up against the interior linings in order to see out the windows, and we didn't want their nails to scratch anything...that's why we chose to install the cargo lining.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's nice, I considered it but then changed my mind and got a cargo tray.
Does the cargo tray work with the floor in both positions (normal and dropped)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I just had the liner installed for my 2017 CR-V Touring and there is now a 2-3 inch raised ridge where the seat bends down. Now I can't even get my dog's crate in without it being on a major slant. Is this how your is. Thank you

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Does the cargo tray work with the floor in both positions (normal and dropped)?
You don't have to take out out or anything, but if the floor is in the raised position, there will be a flimsy lip around the edge that's going to stick up. It's really meant to be used in the "down" position. (So that would make this a non-starter for me; I keep my (substantial) emergency kit underneath the floor which requires it to be raised.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered a few other brands before settling on the OEM for the cargo try (which only really works when it's in the lower-position).

For front / rear I went with 3D MaxxSpyder because I prefer their "rubberized" plastic grip vs. OEM or WeatherTech.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts