Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appreciate any tips others can offer who have already installed the VAIS GSR-025 tuner kit for Sirius. Specifically, where did you place the Sirius receiver and VAIS adapter (behind radio in-dash or elsewhere)? VAIS connects through USB and uses iPod source on radio. Placing hardware in small console storage so its in close proximity to USB ports isn't ideal. Would prefer to conceal elsewhere but, would like to know how others have ran the USB cable into the console. Did you have to remove the console or cut a hole in it to snake the cable?

How has this solution worked out?

Dealers in my area (PA/NJ) quoting $525 - $600 for parts and labor. Sells online for $250 - $300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rockwood: Kit is available for 15' CRV - EX with touchscreen. Google "CSR 25" and yo will get info on kit from many sellers including ebay and Amazon.

I've not found any examples of anyone who has already installed this and posted instructions.

Might try adding it in the next couple of weeks but really need to find a good instruction set on how to remove the 2015 CRV console. There looks to be plenty of space under it to place the Sirius receiver and VAIS 025 converter. Just need to then snake a USB cable into the USB slot on the console.

While on the subject of USB, is there anything that would allow me to add an additional USB slot (cable dongle, etc...) from the rear of the stock radio? This would be the best solution as everything could go behind the radio and I would not have to give up the USB slots in the console.

Will add pictures if I go ahead with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed VAIS but not long enough for pics. Was easy to install inside console. Lots of room under the cup holder. Unfortunately the interface would freeze up after a few minutes and radio would only display "No Data". Contacted VAIS Technology. They admitted that the GSR 025 kit is designed for the 2015 CRV but when they asked for my specific radio model they did not know about it. Either Honda changed the radio model late in 2015 production or VAIS isn't on top of product integration. I'll go with Honda changing the unit around. If you have a 2015 CRV EX with radio model 9XN2, this solution isn't for you, at least until VAIS addresses compatibility issues with the GSR 025 through firmware or new model.

Have pulled the entire install and returned to dealer. Am now going to try Bluetooth integration instead of USB connection with Audiovox Satstreamer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts