Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a new 2016 CRV this fall during sell offs and am wondering if the AC compressor issue like with my 2007 has been addressed by Honda. I was lucky to get 98000 before my compressor clutch went out, and didn't have one of the "black death" failures. I was unlucky in that the clutch waited until the 7 yr. warranty lapsed before quitting. Still a little miffed at Honda for allowing this compressor issue to continue but I do like the CRV and will consider it if big fails like this have been addressed. Anyone with the post gen3's or later have issues?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I haven't read anything about a/c issues with the 4th gens. There are only a couple people with around or over 100K miles on their 4th gens on this forum and they haven't said anything about a/c issues. I haven't had any problems with my '13, but I also only have 27K miles on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The A/C went out on my 2010 CRV EX-L last week. The dealer service told me the relay failed, resulting in the complete failure of all the A/C system components requireing full system replacement. My vehicle was two months out of the seven year warranty period, with only 92,000 miles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yikes!! Which "relay"? If you have not yet authorized the work I would get a second opinion...

A full system replacement would include compressor, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, hoses, etc.
I mean, what "relay" would cause them ALL to fail? It's just possible that they "seen you coming"...

Well, OK, I found your other post. Maybe we're not really talking about "complete failure of all the A/C system components requiring full system replacement". Did something happen to your clutch and compressor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts