Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
What is/are the diagnostic trouble code/s?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
:bump:

Surely an engine stall would set a DTC........can you tell us the code(s)?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,042 Posts
P0300 (Random Misfire Detected), P0301 (No. 1 Cylinder Misfire Detected), P0302 (No. 2 Cylinder Misfire Detected), P0303 (No. 3 Cylinder Misfire Detected), P0304 (No. 4 Cylinder Misfire Detected), or P0172 (Fuel System Too Rich) gets set. In some severe cases the oil pressure light can come on.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Those are the codes Chillier saw?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had both P0303 and low oil pressure.
Those codes (and the oil warnings) stalled the engine while driving vs reducing power and speed? And then what?

You are under warranty, but did not have it immediately towed to a dealer?

Worse yet, it appears you drove it home with those warning lights on, pulled the codes yourself with your own handheld, and the engine is still running in your image.

This is extremely odd and questionable behavior for someone claiming a very serious engine problem, especially while under warranty.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Cold motor, fast idle (presume not driving) and no oil pressure.......I would think #3 misfire would be a minor issue, considering no oil pressure.

Oooops, sorry, I was not a “yes”, but please keep us advised what the dealership says.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Duplicate deleted

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in the Northwest Territories Canada. The nearest Honda dealership is 1200 km away in Edmonton, ab. The stall happened right as I was pulling into my driveway. It is so easy to make assumptions about someone else's situation. What other option did I have? I did take it into a local shop the next day once they reopened for business and they pulled the same code along with nearly 7 litres of fluid from my vehicle.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Until you can get warranty work, might want pop the hood weekly and have a look.:nod:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I live in the Northwest Territories Canada. The nearest Honda dealership is 1200 km away in Edmonton, ab. The stall happened right as I was pulling into my driveway. It is so easy to make assumptions about someone else's situation. What other option did I have? I did take it into a local shop the next day once they reopened for business and they pulled the same code along with nearly 7 litres of fluid from my vehicle.
Except that most people would not run their engine when there's a clear oil pressure warning and problem.

Fewer yet would drive it AGAIN to the shop.

Even fewer would drive it to a local shop.

Most would have it towed immediately to a dealer regardless of distance. Under warranty = Honda picks up the tab.

Why would you do this and place your warranty and credibility at risk?

Also, you were safety off the road, had a low oil pressure warning and you stalled in your driveway basically at idle. OK? But now you're making a push to form a list of CRV owners that have stalled to form some sort of bandwagon?

There's more. You're posting UOA's on here claiming it proves you have a problem when in fact the UOA did not even include fuel dilution nor any wear indicators out of spec for a young motor.

Look man, I get your CRV has a (yet to be determined) problem. There's no denying that. But the intent of your posts are very suspect.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Except that most people would not run their engine when there's a clear oil pressure warning and problem.

Most would have it towed immediately to a dealer regardless of distance. Under warranty = Honda picks up the tab.

Also, you were safety off the road, had a low oil pressure warning and you stalled in your driveway basically at idle. OK? But now you're making a push to form a list of CRV owners that have stalled to form some sort of bandwagon?

There's more. You're posting UOA's on here claiming it proves you have a problem when in fact the UOA did not even include fuel dilution nor any wear indicators out of spec for a young motor.

Look man, I get your CRV has a (yet to be determined) problem. There's no denying that. But the intent of your posts are very suspect.
Low oil pressure doesn't mean no oil pressure. If I have no oil pressure, I definitely would not drive the vehicle. If I have low oil pressure and have verified that I still have sufficient oil, I would drive it carefully to a shop/dealership. Are you saying that if you were driving and suddenly you have no oil pressure and just the fact that you didn't immediately stop your car right there on the spot, Honda will void your warranty?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Again...so easy to make assumptions. Honda told me to drive it to the local shop. Yes, that is correct! You have no idea how Honda has handled my situation but yet you come on here and make assumptions then question my motives. I am just trying to get a feel of how many other owners have had a similar issue.

"Under warranty = Honda picks up the tab". Are you sure about that, when the nearest dealership is 1200 km away? That's not what Honda told me.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Again...so easy to make assumptions. Honda told me to drive it to the local shop. Yes, that is correct! You have no idea how Honda has handled my situation but yet you come on here and make assumptions then question my motives. I am just trying to get a feel of how many other owners have had a similar issue.

"Under warranty = Honda picks up the tab". Are you sure about that, when the nearest dealership is 1200 km away? That's not what Honda told me.
With all due respect to all here, most of us in the lower 48 , or even most parts of Canada do not really know what life is like where you live....:beerchug:

·
Registered
631 Posts

ya....I can see Honda not paying for that tow,I kinda feel bad that you have issues and dealer is so far away,,,My theory is I should have bought the black CRV beside the one I did buy.....maybe it has no issues:Notagain:

·
Registered
522 Posts

I'll translate RinconVTR's post for you: "Why the hell didn't you strap those Huskies to your CRV and mush them to the dealership?" :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
ya....I can see Honda not paying for that tow,I kinda feel bad that you have issues and dealer is so far away,,,My theory is I should have bought the black CRV beside the one I did buy.....maybe it has no issues:Notagain:
For me, it's more of "I should have bought that RAV4". Nah, I liked the CRV's ride way better than the RAV4's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts