Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a cold spell here and lots of short trips, I checked the dipstick and it was above the orange. Called the south KC Honda dealer and they told me to bring it in for the fix. Half the employees here aren’t aware of the problem or even the arrangements made for me. Very cloak and dagger. If I went into detail about that the post would be too long. Anyway, I’m getting the fix w/o the AC part, just the software update and the oil change. Anyone know the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
You are getting TSB 18-124 while most others seem to be getting TSB 18-114.
Exactly the same, except that 114 throws in an extra part for warmth.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Missouri is not one of the 21 states getting the fix. Good that they are providing the fix to you.

sv11

·
Registered
60 Posts
After a cold spell here and lots of short trips, I checked the dipstick and it was above the orange. Called the south KC Honda dealer and they told me to bring it in for the fix. Half the employees here aren’t aware of the problem or even the arrangements made for me. Very cloak and dagger. If I went into detail about that the post would be too long. Anyway, I’m getting the fix w/o the AC part, just the software update and the oil change. Anyone know the difference?

I live in a suburb of Kansas city Missouri. My dealer said no to me, even though my oil level was too high. Missouri does not get the fix. Do you have a special VIN? What did you have to do to get the fix? Did you get a letter? My dealer told me that they could not update the software if they wanted to. It's not available in MO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm on the KS side and had the software update installed on Monday this week. The dealer is aware of the issues and my problem has been documented for some time. They said they couldn't do the 114 TSB because the parts are not available for our region (yet). I was fine with this as it seems the installation of that part hasn't been problem-free, either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in a suburb of Kansas city Missouri. My dealer said no to me, even though my oil level was too high. Missouri does not get the fix. Do you have a special VIN? What did you have to do to get the fix? Did you get a letter? My dealer told me that they could not update the software if they wanted to. It's not available in MO.
I would try another dealer. I didn’t get a letter and my VIN was not on the list.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2017 Touring is going in Monday. I'll be keeping an eye on it and post what I see. My V has been good to me but the oil level is high and it smells like gas. I've done 3 oil changes, put exactly 3.7 quarts in and got 4.1 quarts out. I'm not expecting any dramatic changes but fingers crossed. I'm in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wonder how they decide who gets what.

What year CR-V do you have?
I think mid-year 2018 production they started putting in the new AC CPU 79600-TLA-A62.

If you have, or access to, an inspection camera, you can pop off that side lid shown in SB 18-124 and check the p/n.
Here's mine. Note it's -A61

2207355J.JPG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought my car at Columbia Honda but have all my service done at Jay Wolfe due to the distance from Columbia.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What year CR-V do you have?
I think mid-year 2018 production they started putting in the new AC CPU 79600-TLA-A62.

If you have, or access to, an inspection camera, you can pop off that side lid shown in SB 18-124 and check the p/n.
Here's mine. Note it's -A61

View attachment 127549
I bought mine in April 2018. I think it was manufactured a month or two prior. Probably have the old part but don’t have an inspection camera to check.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought mine in April 2018. I think it was manufactured a month or two prior. Probably have the old part but don’t have an inspection camera to check.

With that timeline, I suspect there is a good chance you have the newer part.
The dealer can tell when they do the iN VIN check (not available to the public).
That's most likely the reason they told you it won't be replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like the looks of the Passport coming out and the fact that it has a “normal” engine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the fix didn’t solve the stalling problem. When you start it cold and try to back it out of the driveway it will stall.. this is still happening.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well the fix didn’t solve the stalling problem. When you start it cold and try to back it out of the driveway it will stall.. this is still happening.

Completely unrelated problem. I hope the dealer didn't tell you this fix would cure this issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Completely unrelated problem. I hope the dealer didn't tell you this fix would cure this issue.
Consumer Reports stayed they were related. The dealer was very vague about the problem and the fix.

·
Premium Member
2021 CR-V EXL Aegean Blue
30 Posts
The recall that I got mentioned both the AC and update, and that's what they did. I live in CT and had no problem when I called to schedule the appointment or when I brought it in. It took an hour and a half. It was due for an oil change so they did that as well while it was there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts