Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been told that I don`t need those stick on headlight deflectors for driving in mainland Europe for my British 2005 CRV.
Is this correct?

Simes

·
Registered
141 Posts
I remember seeing RHD driving in France, Belgium or Switzerland with reflectors on the headlights several years ago ... but I haven't seen any like that recently.

I don't know if the regulations have changed :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

I have been told that I don`t need those stick on headlight deflectors for driving in mainland Europe for my British 2005 CRV.
Is this correct?

Simes
To keep yourself legal, you do need to use them. When removing them, make sure you switch the dipped headlights on for a few minutes before attempting to peel them off, otherwise the adhesive is very difficult to remove.

·
Registered
66 Posts
According to the AA French law says "Thou must not dazzle oncoming traffic". So if you merely drive during the day you do not need to have deflectors: sticking on deflectors is not necessary. But obviously at night you will need deflectors. Using deflectors also keeps the Gendarmerie happy - they will inspect the next guy with GB plates and no deflector

A few years ago I bought a set from Halfords (about £6 - single use only). Since then I have been sticking black tape (the type you use for sealing off wiring joins) on the headlight. I tested this against my white garage door and am not convinced it makes much difference. I suspect the alignment of individual headlights varies and so the amount of light "spread" which needs to be deflected would vary from car to car.

In the middle of your headlight cover there is a small marker spot. You need to place your deflector just below it with the top edge touching the spot. The Halfords deflector is a disc about 2 inches diameter. I create a 2 inch square using 3 small strips of tape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of headlight deflectors for 1997-2001 CR-V's? Any part number for this part floating around with pictures?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts