Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hopefully some other members can run out to the garage and quell my concerns. Recently had the windshield replaced on my 2011 CR-V, and everything came out looking flush (moldings, cowl, etc.) For some reason or another, I noticed that looking through my windshield (from the outside in) I could see the headliner “end”. For lack of a better word, I could see the edge of the fabric and the foam it’s glued to. Sitting in the driver seat, you really couldn't tell, headliner just curves up towards the windshield and out of my line of sight.

Long story short, before going back to the windshield replacement shop, I stopped off at Honda to look at some of the other used CR-V’s and gauge my sanity. At least 4 of the 5 used V’s on the lot had similar issues with what looked like stock, OEM windshields. Is this a known problem with CR-V’s? Can anyone else see the foam through the windshield? Pushing up in the area in front of the sun visor seems to “tuck” it in a little better, so I may try to throw some 3M Velcro in there. Anyone have this problem? Or find a solution? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I knew they weren't tight, but never noticed it hanging down on the 3rd gen. we had. Isn't there a blackout strip across the top of the glass?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is! And not so much hanging down like you mention, just being able to see the foam through the windshield. I actually thought that maybe the blackout strip on the new glass wasn't as long(it was the same length as it turns out) but the end of the headliner is visible just below the blackout strip. If I can find a way to tighten, or just push it up, technically it will still be exposed but just hiding neatly behind the strip.

Having seen the used V's on the lot the other day with similar (some worse!) headliners leads me to suspect this is just one of those "things that you'll have to put up with" on your vehicle. :(

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
There is! And not so much hanging down like you mention, just being able to see the foam through the windshield. I actually thought that maybe the blackout strip on the new glass wasn't as long(it was the same length as it turns out) but the end of the headliner is visible just below the blackout strip. If I can find a way to tighten, or just push it up, technically it will still be exposed but just hiding neatly behind the strip.

Having seen the used V's on the lot the other day with similar (some worse!) headliners leads me to suspect this is just one of those "things that you'll have to put up with" on your vehicle. :(
Probably true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
error

I just had the windshield replaced in my 2011 CRV and now I notice the same thing but from the inside. The tech told me that is how all CRVs are but I never noticed it before today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts