Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Honda CRV,, Has Heat on passenger side, no heat on drivers side,
It is full of anti freeze and both heater lines are hot....Any suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
@Er honda

Hello,

You have the symptoms outlined in Service Bulletin A14-063, but your vehicle is a year earlier (not unheard of though). Review the following link with your mechanic.

In essence if you don't have air in the cooling system (air pocket in the heater core) and if your mechanic cannot flush the core with CLR as outlined in the Service Bulletin, you'll likely need to replace the heater core.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If both heater hoses are hot, that would indicate good circulation thru the heater core. It sounds to me like a problem with the left/right air mix control motor(s).

INSPECTION PROCEDURE
  1. With all electrical components and the A/C turned off, start the engineand let it warm up to normal operating temperature (the cooling fanswill cycle twice).
  2. Set the temperature to max heat and check the driver’s and front passenger’s vent temperatures with a thermometer.
    • If the temperature difference is more than 10 degrees, go to step 3.
    • If the temperature difference is less than 10 degrees, this bulletin does not apply. Have the service advisor explain to your customer that the small variation in vent temperature is normal.
  3. Do the Driver’s Air Mix Control Motor Test and the Passenger’s Air Mix Motor Test according to the electronic service manual.
    • If the air mix motors pass the tests, go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
    • If either of the air mix motors fail the test, repair the problem according to the electronic service manual and recheck the vent temperatures. If the temperature difference is less than 10 degrees, this bulletin does not apply. Have the service advisor explain to your customer that the small variation in vent temperature is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 CRV with same problem @ 28,000 miles. Lots of online complaints. I filed a complaint with NHTSA as a safety issue cause the windshield does not defrost in the winter and its not very warm inside!!! If enough claims are filed maybe Honda will recall to fix the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have to flush out your heater core with clr for like 2 hours using pump and 5 gallon bucket. Dealer wanted like 300 for this i did it for about 75. Not "hard" but 100% PITA for sure.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moving to Gen 3 section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts