Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CR-V is the first vehicle that I've owned that has heated seats that don't automatically disable themselves when you turn off the ignition, so I'm used to turning them on each time I start the vehicle. The CR-V's behavior just seemed wrong to me at first, but now I like it that they maintain state between startups. It's convenient and I never forget to turn them on now.

One other thing that I have noticed with the heated seats is that after 30 minutes of operating on high (all three LEDs lit) it automatically switches to medium heat. The nice thing is that when you start the car up the next time, they automatically go to high again.

Our cars just keep getting smarter and smarter! Not sure I can say the same thing about myself. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I understand. Every time it does something I wonder who told it. Some day I'll download the updates to the manual, maybe slide it over to my smart phone so I can see it in the car. going to throw out the manual hard cover that came with car. Honda focus at manufacturing might have taken a vacation or the interpreter was out sick.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I actually dislike that behavior. If the passenger turns it on and then next time you drive, there's no passenger, it's still on unless you turn it off. I like it off at every start. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in the car for a longer drive yesterday and it turned down the seat to low after one hour. I guess it's concerned that you'll overheat.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I actually dislike that behavior. If the passenger turns it on and then next time you drive, there's no passenger, it's still on unless you turn it off. I like it off at every start. Just my opinion.
+1 That's my preference too. It's the way every other vehicle I've ever owned has behaved.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been told that there are sensors that decide whether the seats are turned on when using remote start. I'll have to wait 3 months before the temps will be warm enough not to have them on. If hit the button 3 times it goes off, is that not what happens in your CRV's? I wonder how much power is used by the seat heating? questions, questions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been told that there are sensors that decide whether the seats are turned on when using remote start. I'll have to wait 3 months before the temps will be warm enough not to have them on. If hit the button 3 times it goes off, is that not what happens in your CRV's? I wonder how much power is used by the seat heating? questions, questions.
It doesn't matter.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure that under remote start everything is triggered by a temperature set point. If it's below a certain temperature when you remote start the vehicle, it turns on the heated seats and the defrosters while its warming up until you press the start button. If it's above the set point, it turns on the air-conditioning. It does this, regardless of whether or not you have the seat heaters enabled.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish it would use the passenger occupancy sensor to turn off the heated seat, and set the temp controls to synchronized. The car knows no one is in the seat, why not use that info?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I liked that the heated seats stayed on for the purpose of heating the seat when the car is warming up - although I don't think the seats (at least not the passenger side) actually heat up if there's no body in the seat - even if the lights are on... But they heat up pretty quickly... Bandito, I had wondered if the seat was turning down from 3 lights to 2, but I thought I watched and it didn't - but I must not have waited long enough.. That sure explains why I thought I was going crazy!! ha ha! PS - my car is 2018..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I leave my driver side heated seat on in my 2018 Honda CR-V EXL so it will automatically turn on when I start my car. It works great for my morning 45 minute commute. At the end of the work day when I get in and start my car, the heated seat is off. I press the button and the lights flash and go back out. Not until I drive for 30 minutes can I turn on the drivers heated seat. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Nothing in the owners manual indicates this is normal. I can reach over and turn on the passengers seat, but haven't tried leaving that one on to see if it operates in the same manner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I liked that the heated seats stayed on for the purpose of heating the seat when the car is warming up - although I don't think the seats (at least not the passenger side) actually heat up if there's no body in the seat - even if the lights are on... But they heat up pretty quickly... Bandito, I had wondered if the seat was turning down from 3 lights to 2, but I thought I watched and it didn't - but I must not have waited long enough.. That sure explains why I thought I was going crazy!! ha ha! PS - my car is 2018..
is this true? I was wondering why my (new to me 2016 CR-V)’s leather heated seats when I turned on passenger without anyone in the seat didn’t seem to get any hotter-in the owners manual it doesn’t say whether someone has to be in the seat for it to heat up (or just have the car turned on?) as I don’t have remote start-...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts