Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 crv touring 2wd and Love It!

I'm trying to spruce it up a bit for my kids to make them feel better about downgrading from a minivan.

Has anyone ever added or have any advice on adding the heated seat option to the right & left back seats. I'm wondering if I can buy an aftermarket kit but not sure which is best. I then would like to wire it to another set of oem heated seat switches to match the ones up front. I'm thinking a good place to mount them is in the back of the center counsel under the vents.

Any Thoughts?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,609 Posts
This is do-able. There are seat heater kits available on Fleabay or Amazon. You have the option of just doing the bottom cushion, or both bottom and seatback.

Can't tell you what is best since I have no personal experience. You might ask at an auto upholstery shop locally, these guys often install heated seats for dealers. They might have advice on the reliability of the heaters.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm just finishing up installing heating elements in the rear seats of my 09 Civic coupe. In my case, I'm doing this for my grandkids because 8th gen Civic coupes don't gave rear a/c & heat ducts.

I've only used Rostra kits for heated seats in my vehicles. I've never had an issue with them.

Below are the parts I'm using for my application.

Rostra 250-1870 (round 3 position switch) 1 kit per seat.

Civic EX-L Heated seat switches.
35600-SNB-003 passenger
35650-SNB-003 driver

Fit EX-L heated seat switch sub harness. This is so I don't have to create my own connectors for the switches.
32114-T5A-J00

93903-22320 self tapping screws for switches. 4ea.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why are you using the original round switch AND the Honda switch?
The Honda switches were used in place of the Rostra switches. The Rostra offers kits with different switches and this means a different harness. The kit I listed has a harness that's easier to splice into the Fit harness.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got it. Thanks!
The kit I bought for my rear seats is Rostra 250-1870. You can also use Rostra 250-1900. The 1900 is an inch and a half narrower and an inch taller.

When you Google these part numbers, be aware that some retailers (Amazon, Summit Racing, etc.) have a 5 position switch included with the package instead of the round 3 position switch. For ease of install, get the round 3 position switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts