Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Floatin' Pizza Slices
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick question to those of you that have this feature - just how warm/heated does your steering wheel get?

Nice thick frost here in the UK, so have been using it - although to me the wheel appears tepid/lukewarm as opposed to very warm (but touchable).

Is this the same for everyone?

Registered
2019 CR-V Touring
Hi all,

Just a quick question to those of you that have this feature - just how warm/heated does your steering wheel get?

Nice thick frost here in the UK, so have been using it - although to me the wheel appears tepid/lukewarm as opposed to very warm (but touchable).

Is this the same for everyone?
Comfortably warm, not hot. But then that's by my perception of warm vs hot.
Also, pretty well the whole circumference warms up, not just at 2 and 10 o'clock as with some makes of car.

Floatin' Pizza Slices
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just discovered this:

Claims to reach 20C. I can definitely attest that its not getting to that temperature. Least it doesnt feel like 20C!

Thanks as ever for the responses. Might swing by the dealer at the weekend to see what they say/dont say in regard to this as I dont feel as though the wheel is reaching the right temperature.

Registered
Just discovered this:

Claims to reach 20C. I can definitely attest that its not getting to that temperature. Least it doesnt feel like 20C!

Thanks as ever for the responses. Might swing by the dealer at the weekend to see what they say/dont say in regard to this as I dont feel as though the wheel is reaching the right temperature.
The wheel feels quite warm to the touch, certainly feels warmer than 20C to me and very quick warmup time. Good luck with dealer, and don鈥檛 take their word for it, you should compare with another car.

Floatin' Pizza Slices
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, definitely will check it against another CR-V to see whether there is any difference.

I'll report back when done, probably after the festive season now I guess....

Reactions: Nuke

Registered
True, it gets only mildly warm, not that great on a very cold day when your hands are freezing cold from defrosting the car. Thankfully it has warmed up a bit today with a mild 10 degrees in Liverpool here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts