Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonic Grey Pearl CRV EX-L Hybrid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CRV a little over a week ago and today I tried the heated wheel and got nothing.

Is there a trick to it other than hitting the button on the wheel? I tried it multiple times and the wheel didn't warm up at all.

·
Premium Member
CRV-Hybrid EX (actually, my ex is a Prius)
96 Posts
I don't have a heated steering wheel, but I would assume that if the car is "on" and you press the button and nothing happens this should be really checked by the wheelership.

·
Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid Touring - Sonic Grey Pearl
39 Posts
Mine comes on within like 15 seconds at most. You are going to need to get it checked at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
270 Posts
I agree. It heats up quickly with just pressing the button on the wheel. Fuse?

Reactions: REBELhybrid

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Just checking, is the heated wheel an option for your car?

If so, I would not be surprised if its something as simple as the wiring not being connected?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checking, is the heated wheel an option for your car?
There's a button on the wheel and the option is listed on the window sticker. If it's not a blown fuse, maybe I'll mess around with the steering wheel. The wheel in the CRV is the same as the Civic I had before it so I know it's not very hard to get behind those buttons.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
No, what I meant was - the heated steering wheel - is it standard as part of the trim level of your car, or was it an optional extra you added when you bought the car?

Either way, better to let the dealership fix it, especially as its under warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, what I meant was - the heated steering wheel - is it standard as part of the trim level of your car, or was it an optional extra you added when you bought the car?

Either way, better to let the dealership fix it, especially as its under warranty.
Oh, as far as I know it's standard on the EX-L/Touring

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Oh, as far as I know it's standard on the EX-L/Touring

Just checked.

Standard only on the Touring, not EX-L. So this heated wheel must have been an add-on/optional extra. Hence why I reckon its been fitted, just not plugged in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just checked.

Standard only on the Touring, not EX-L. So this heated wheel must have been an add-on/optional extra. Hence why I reckon its been fitted, just not plugged in.
That link is for the 1.5L CRV. It's standard on the hybrid EX-L/Touring

2020-Honda-CR-V-–-The-Midsize-Sport-SUV-Honda.png

·
Premium Member
CRV-Hybrid EX (actually, my ex is a Prius)
96 Posts
Well, it wasn't the fuse.
Maybe Honda is just playing the "Find a Defect in a Brand New Car" game with its customers. The prize is a day trip to the nearest dealership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe Honda is just playing the "Find a Defect in a Brand New Car" game with its customers. The prize is a day trip to the nearest dealership.
Not really my kind of prize but if this button is the only surprise they have in store for me then I'll be OK

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just got my CRV a little over a week ago and today I tried the heated wheel and got nothing.

Is there a trick to it other than hitting the button on the wheel? I tried it multiple times and the wheel didn't warm up at all.
No sir. press the button on the steering wheel, orange light comes on, steering wheel heats up. Could be a fuse otherwise bring it to Honda

1 - 20 of 24 Posts