Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is not a plug for my Youtube channel, but rather an FYI for people wanting help with this specific fix in the future. After reading this thread, I replaced a bulb in the Climate Control panel of my '03 EX and made a video of it. I won't ever take it down, so no need to look for old, deleted photos. In the event that sharing links to Youtube is discouraged, I'll just tell you to search "honda crv climate control bulb" on Youtube. If this comment is against the rules, sorry!

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is not a plug for my Youtube channel, but rather an FYI for people wanting help with this specific fix in the future. After reading this thread, I replaced a bulb in the Climate Control panel of my '03 EX and made a video of it. I won't ever take it down, so no need to look for old, deleted photos. In the event that sharing links to Youtube is discouraged, I'll just tell you to search "honda crv climate control bulb" on Youtube. If this comment is against the rules, sorry!
EXCELLENT video. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am going to attempt to replace my heater and dash control lights to LED from www.superbrightleds.com

When I look at the Honda parts diagram it lists the bulbs (large and small) as BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 100MA) and BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 60MA) respectively. The www.superbrightleds.com only shows 12V NEO-Wedge options.

My questions are (I have a 2004 CR-V EX):
1) Will the 12V LED still work?
2) Which versions from their website do I need (for dash and heater control)? -
NeoWedge series LED Lamp
B8 series LED Twist Lock Lamp
BAX series LED Twist Lock Lamp
B10D series LED Twist Lock Lamp
T1.5 series LED Twist Lock Lamp

I'm sure your answers may raise additional questions. Thank you in advance.

Side note question -
I used to have and Element but sold to buy CR-V. Is there any webite/forum link etc when I can swap my Element service manual for a CR-V service manual?
Have you tried them by any chance? I know this reply is 4 years late, but anyway, I ordered the bulbs from them today and I am waiting for the shipment to see if it will work. I was asking myself the same questions...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Go to YouTube.com, type in replacing heater control bulb 2002 honda crv, a real detailed video even has some shortcuts to save time. Good luck, go do it and save the labor. The bulb must come from honda, just over $4 ea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you tried them by any chance? I know this reply is 4 years late, but anyway, I ordered the bulbs from them today and I am waiting for the shipment to see if it will work. I was asking myself the same questions...
Did you receive your order? How did they work for you? What size are the 3 small bulbs and what size are the 3 large bulbs?

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm interested in the outcome of this, too. One of the insert bulbs is out on our 2004 EX; I have new Honda replacements for all the heater control bulbs, but I'd rather replace with good LED equivalent devices (I've already replaced all other interior bulbs with known LED equivalents).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need to remove the center pocket on my '04. I have removed the top trim and the rear screw but I cannot get it out. It seem to be hung on the top of the heater control. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2006 CRV, the bulb on one of my heater controls was out. dealer was going to charge a lot to fix it. Found out that it was just a loose connection somewhere since when I hit on the plastic above the knobs, the light would come back on. Kinda weird fix, but it worked and was cheaper than paying to take the dash apart.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see a number of people have replied here about getting LEDs or wanting LEDs but no one seems to follow up with what they did that worked or anything they did that would not work. Can you all respond or give some help please?

I have 10 bulb between switches, climate control & gauges burned out. So at this point I might as well just do them all so they all match. BUT! Honda mentions numerous part numbers for all of these bulbs and to replace just 8 of the 10 I need is $45 from Honda. If I need to do that I will but WHY when I can do the entire dash for the same or less in LED. Just need the help of you who have done it.

Just to mention, I don't want to go with colored LEDs. I'd prefer the natural color of an incandescent or at worst white (but I really don't want white)

Thank you for taking the time to respond asap. I'd like to get my dash switches and such lit up again ASAP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Superbright LEDs NeoX bulbs work. I have purchased from them for my '00 Honda Civic, my '05 CR-V, '13 Odyssey, and my '05 Toyota Sequoia.
www vleds com has some T3,T4,T5 which look like they will also work, but I cannot personally vouch for that site.
www wardenjp com/stores/neowedge.html - Sells the neo-wedge/T3/T4/T5 and long base variants, but I haven't ordered from that site either.

The following are compatible part numbers from Superbright LED:

The larger bulb, Honda 79670-SL0-A01 is the 4mm NEO4-NWHP. This illuminates the large portion of the dial.
The smaller bulb, Honda 79672-S3N-N41 is the 3mm NEO3-NWHP. This illuminates the button on the bottom of each dial. The LED indicator for the buttons is soldered on and is not replaceable without soldering a new LED.

Please note that the factory NeoWedge for the climate controls are all long base versions, which they don't sell. Other vendors sell long base versions. The short ones still work, but the LED is further from the dial.
The factory net-wedge bulbs for the hazard light, seat heater button unit as well as the individual buttons are direct replacements at 3mm.

Hazard Button - NEO3-RHP (Red looks amazing, white is good, NEO3-A amber looks like factory and is less expensive, NEO3-R is cheaper and looks good, just not as bright)
Seat Heater Unit - NEO3-AHP (Amber looks good, just like factory. NEO3-A is less expensive and less bright, but works very well also)
Seat Heater indicator for when heater is on. - NEO3-GHP - Green for seat heater buttons (same color as factory, looks great)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the warm white NEO3 and NEO4 from Superbright LED's. Swapped them out today as I only had one dial and button working. Unfortunately I got one bad NEO3. Replaced what I had and put the one working original small bulb back in at the recirc position. Here's the kicker. When I got it apart based on all the help from here, I was actually MISSING the bulb from the recirc spot, empty hole!

In any event all working and I'll contact SBL for replacement.

20170129_173823_zps5h6gmzqo.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK so driving night time the things I don't like with the superbright LEDS and might need to look at it again. The A/C and Rear defroster buttons back lighting is almost like an annoying glare out of corner of eye. I don'y know if there is a separate bulb or just because these are shorter. The red indicator on outside dial position is not very visible.

While I'm at this topic, are teh following supposed to have lights also? cruise control (dash and steering wheel), Window switches? sunroof switch?

Did anyone mod the front map lights to come on with door open? There was good write up for the Sequoia's taking power from middle light up to fronts with a coupe diodes so it doesn't back feed if you want one map light only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The cruise control dash button - Yes
Power Window Switches - Yes.
Sunroof switch - Yes.
Steering Wheel....not sure. Nothing else on my steering column lights up, so I'm thinking no, but it might depend on your year.

My Sequoia's map lights turn on when the door is open, no mod necessary. I haven't tried on the CRV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"AC" Button blacked out, but knob is lit

2005 CR-V, the climate control knob lights seem to be working, but the "AC" lettering on the AC on/off button is dark. The color bands for temp adjustment appear to be lit, however. To be clear, I'm not talking about the green "AC is on" indicator, it's the letters themselves. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup- Change the bulb (or all if you're there). Followed directions on here and youtube. Still not loving the LED's. Too bright in my opinion. Hate to spend crazy $$ on the factory bulbs but the dial position is not that visible with the shorter LED's in them and the A/C and Rear defrost buttons have a glare to them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NEO4-A is a good replacement for the factory bulbs. It's item 847781009842, and is only 5 lumens vs the NEOx at 19 lumens. It's on clearance for $0.48ea, but they have discontinued them. It's a bummer since they do a really good job of replacing the factory bulb pretty closely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP - I'm changing the heater fan bulb, and I read this entire thread, and followed the steps. The problem is the heater control panel will NOT pull out. I did remove the 2 screws at the top, and I tried pushing on the 2 clips at the top while pulling on the panel. I pulled quite hard, but it will not pull out. Am I missing something? Any suggestions? THANKS!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts