Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are 2 spring-retainer clips at the bottom of the unit. After removing the top 2 screws it is a firm tug upward at a 45-degree angle. Removing the plug also helps since there's usually not a lot of slack in the cable. It is possible to reach around on the passenger side of the module and pinch/push the clip from the back/bottom of the unit, but the driver side is more difficult to do without a tool. It does take some force to get it out and you might damage the spring clip in the process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great thread and lots of useful information - I plan to remove the control panel tomorrow and inspect the bulbs/wiring...I think its just loose in my case, I have seen them working once.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Great thread and lots of useful information - I plan to remove the control panel tomorrow and inspect the bulbs/wiring...I think its just loose in my case, I have seen them working once.
I haven't read the whole thread so this may be a repeat. There is a video on YouTube that I used to replace all the bulbs in my HVAC controls on my 2004 CR-V. In the notes section they give you the bulb sizes needed. Mine went off and on for years and then al but two burned out. If you are taking it apart you might as well replace all the bulbs. They aren't that expensive once you have it open you've done 99% off the job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
these are the bulbs for the HVAC knobs just have to reuse the plastic holders,I just did them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L8BR76A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and these are the bulbs for the cluster https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EN4JSKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the links.
How did you add the LED's to the neo wedge..? Was it as simple as this video..?
led bulb conversion heater/fan lighting 2001-2005 Honda Civic

My bulbs are burned out. Prices are a tad high for a bulb. Im thinking the LED route.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts