Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this SUV used last week. I know it's August in L.A., but I attempted to turn on the heater early this morning, and it only blew cool air. I am pretty sure the air conditioning was off, it just felt like the cool outside air. I had the temp knob all the way to the hot (red) end. Is there a special sequence of knobs, buttons or magical incantations to get the heater to work?

This car did not come with the owner's manual, so I'm hoping there is a simple fix to this.

And speaking of manuals, is there a brand of repair manual that most people use? Haines? Chilton?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mileage

And it has 101,000 miles. Perhaps a heater control valve (or whatever it's called) is due for replacement?

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
Let's start with basics.
If the coolant expansion bottle is low, air gets into the system. It gets stuck usually at the highest point.
When cold check level and add more honda fluid if needed.
Then run car for a few days. Sometimes it takes a few miles to get the air out. When you do, the level will drop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was the easiest fix ever. I had no idea that the air for the heater runs over the engine. So since the engine was cold, only cold air blew through the vents. It needed quite a while to warm up I guess. I tried it later after being warmed up and it worked great! I've owned many cars in my 60 years and I think this took the longest time to warm up. Ha!

Thank you Rocky, for responding.

And I ordered an owners manual online so perhaps simple things like this will be easily dealt with. :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts