Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a 2007 2.2 diesel, UK spec.
The heater blows cold air on the drivers side, regardless of temperature setting. Passenger side runs hot as it should.
Green dual light is flashing.
I checked the air con pressure as this was reported as perhaps an cause, but pressure OK, at 35psi. Topped up to 50psi to be sure....but no change to the
cold air problem.
The heater self diagnose function shows a fault....section of the "88" is code J........"an open in the air mix control circuit".

Any guidance appreciated......feet are freezing....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all

Correction to previous post......
fault code is :
J and AUTO
Climate control unit lost communication with gauge control module

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I believe some gasoline CRV's had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with the heater core, being partially plugged. Search for that.
It could also be an air diverter problem. (flapper door)
I don't know how that works or how to check for it, but further googling could help.
Wonder if a flapper door motor got disconnected or failed.
Sorry, that 's the best I can come up with.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
114 Posts
I suspect the OP has a dual ACC system therefore, it'll have a diver and passenger temperature motor.

Check the driver's temp motor for proper function. This is most likely the culprit for the cold air from the driver's side vents.

For the J & Auto DTC, clear the ACC DTC/s and run the ACC self diagnostic again. (I like to clear the ACC DTC/s twice as I've found doing it once isn't always successful)

If the J & Auto DTC are shown again, check that the pins are seated properly into the connectors of the ACC module, gauge control module and the MICU. Clear the ACC DTC/s and run the self diagnostic again.

If the J & Auto DTC is still present, obtain and connect a known working ACC module, clear the ACC DTC/s then run the ACC self diagnostic test. If no DTC/s are present the cause is most likely a faulty ACC module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts