Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dudes,
ive had my petrol crv sport 2006 for nearly 2 weeks and I love it...so nice and quiet to drive..but
the clutch pedal is quite stiff and it squeaks...I did squirt some wd40 around the the rod that goes through the bulkhead and the squeak stopped for a while but its coming back again...
I was thinking maybe the master cylinder was a bit duff... anyone got any better ideas
and if it is the cylinder, is it an easy DIY job
thanks guys

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
You should have used silicone spray instead of wd-40 as wd-40 is a petroleum based lube & might swell the seals inside the master cylinder. Have you checked the level of fluid? How about the engagement of the clutch pedal is it at normal height? let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have used silicone spray instead of wd-40 as wd-40 is a petroleum based lube & might swell the seals inside the master cylinder. Have you checked the level of fluid? How about the engagement of the clutch pedal is it at normal height? let me know.
yeah, I know..but I didn't have any and the squeak was driving me mental..
everything is as it should be, just heavy and squeaky ;)

·
Everything in Moderation
7,717 Posts
It is common for the clutch master cylinder linkages on the Gen2 to creak and squeak. More so, in hot humid weather. PRAY FOR WINTER TO COME EARLY, LOL.

It's the return springs and shafts in the pedal box that creak. Difficult to get lubrication in there...it's 'up & under' and you cannot see what you are aiming at. :mad:

Weird thing is, it happens mostly when you are letting out the pedal to drive away. (With the tranny in neutral, working the pedal is not noisy.) :confused:

++++++++

Replacing the Master isn't all that bad (I did it last year). Just the usual trials and tribulations, EG I dropped and lost the clevis arm retaining clip (found it TWO MONTHS LATER when it fell out of the dash). Nothing that having a better mechanic wouldn't fix, LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts