Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
If your ball joints are loose I would definitely fix that soon. I had mine break on me. I had a squeak for a couple weeks that I couldn't track down until it seized and snapped. Luckily I was pulling up to a stop light when it happened and it only cost me a CV axle, trans fluid and a tow. Stay away from the AutoZone Duralast ones. I went through 2 on one side and 3 on the other, they were all creaky in 6 months or less. I have Moog in there now and they have been good for a while.

Another thing to check is the sub frame where the back edge of the lower control arm attaches. The A/C drain is right above that and the water just drips down onto the sub frame and rots it out at the cradle for the large bushing. Ignore the rubber hose that sticks out right behind there. I thought that was my drain, but found out the hard way after my sub frame rotted that it is connected to the EVAP system.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.